Home
What would this go for ? Charles Daly 12 ga. SXS made by Meroku, fixed mod. and full choke, 2 3/4'' chambers, original box..like new.
Probably min of $500 and max of $800 depending on barrels and wood.
Excellent quality gun, no doubt. MILES seems about right.
Originally Posted by MILES58
Probably min of $500 and max of $800 depending on barrels and wood.

What do you mean depending on barrels and wood ?
Skeet and Skeet with pretty wood would fetch more than mod and full with orange crate wood like comes on Winchester 101s out of Miroku.
Sometimes regional, too

Out here a 28" M/F would be far more desirable than skeet.
Xpnut,

I saw that gun too. Is it yours or were you considering buying it?

It kinda peeked my interest as well at $450. Almost Said the magic words 2 or 3 times and now it's gone.

Sucks cause I got some money in the play fund for a SxS too.
for $450 I wouldn't have thought twice, it would have left with me. Miroku never made Winchester 101's. Nikko did
Originally Posted by blairvt
for $450 I wouldn't have thought twice, it would have left with me. Miroku never made Winchester 101's. Nikko did

Bullshit.
Miroku made the Charles Daly shotguns for a while and Browning shotguns.

They made RIFLES under Winchester, but not shotguns for Winchester; that was Nikko.
Nikko is a product name not a manufacturer. Nikko was produced by Kadensha. Kadensha made shotguns for Winchester.
thank you luv2safari
Originally Posted by luv2safari

They made RIFLES under Winchester, but not shotguns for Winchester; that was Nikko.

For a while they made 101s labeled only as Mirokus, but they were the exact same shotgun. I had one for a bit.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
Nikko is a product name not a manufacturer. Nikko was produced by Kadensha. Kadensha made shotguns for Winchester.

That is more correct, yes.

For a while they made 101s labeled only as Mirokus, but they were the exact same shotgun. I had one for a bit.

Possibly in conjunction with Browning, but the 101 wasn't built by Miroku. BTW, I had a Miroku/Daly 500 SXS 12ga that was as good as any double I've owned.

Possibly in conjunction with Browning, but the 101 wasn't built by Miroku. BTW, I had a Miroku/Daly 500 SXS 12ga that was as good as any double I've owned.

The two differences between the one I had and the other 101s I had were that it was not stamped as a Winchester 101 and it had better engraving and wood. It was a Miroku gun, and it was the exact same gun as a 101. It was about the same difference as the superior grade Miroku Dalys and the field grades.
If it wasn't stamped Winchester 101 then it wasn't a Winchester 101, no matter how exact it was.
Originally Posted by MontanaCreekHunter
If it wasn't stamped Winchester 101 then it wasn't a Winchester 101, no matter how exact it was.

Show me another of the same design.
I don't need to, according to you thats what you have.
Originally Posted by XPNut
What would this go for ? Charles Daly 12 ga. SXS made by Meroku, fixed mod. and full choke, 2 3/4'' chambers, original box..like new.

I have the exact shotgun but before CD got their name on them and just has the Miroku name and it like new . I gave 500.00 for it a couple of years back

The two differences between the one I had and the other 101s I had were that it was not stamped as a Winchester 101 and it had better engraving and wood. It was a Miroku gun, and it was the exact same gun as a 101. It was about the same difference as the superior grade Miroku Dalys and the field grades.

There are quite a few guns in the used market with only the Miroku markings. Many were brought back from Japan by GI's in 60's. However 101's were not built by Miroku, they were built by Olin- Kodensha and imported both as Winchester 101's and various Nikko models.

With respect to Miroku's I have a very early one with the "BC My Luck" marking. Apparently the Japanese though that was some sort of english interpretation of Miroku. smile

That Charles Daly SXS would be worth a premium in my neck of the woods if it had the 30" barrels as a lot of the Sporting clays SxS shooters like them. The shorter the barrels the lower the price around here.
© 24hourcampfire