Home
Bought this from a friend of mine last night, Weatherby Orion Grade 1 field i believe - has pheasants on the receiver - been hunted a little so has a few character marks - 5 tubes & case. he sent it to a Weatherby authorized repair facility & had it disassembled to check for any wear & cleaned, not been shot since

believe he said was manufactured in 1994

nothing really spectacular about the wood but i guess thats why its a grade 1

this is the only pic i have right now (the one he sent me to see if i was interested in it)

[Linked Image]
Nice gun. Do you know who manufactured it? Nikko? SKB? Miroku? (they all make good guns). Earlier Weatherby had some O/Us made in Italy, but I believe all their later ones are made in Japan to American designs.
Mesa,

its an SKB manufactured shotgun
Originally Posted by HUNTINTN
Mesa,

its an SKB manufactured shotgun
Yes, SKB.. So at least you got some good quality innards in that shotgun..

Congrats.. Just be sure to keep the sides of the breeches lubed with grease (hot weather) or oil (cold weather) during shoots.. Galling is to be avoided at all costs.

Best wishes - good shootin'!!!
Good deal. SKB guns are among the best of the Japanese doubles; very reliable guns.
I have it's twin. I think you will really enjoy your's mine has proven to be a great gun.
I have one just like it except it's a Grade III. It has dijested thousands of heavy loads with nary a hitch. Have many O/U's but the Weatherby is far and away my go to shotgun.
© 24hourcampfire