Home
Posted By: krupp Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/03/13
Found and old Remy 31 pump for under $250. NRA 75%.
Never seen one or shot one. The action is smooth as glass and I know this was the standard factory offering b4 the 870.

Give me some scoop b4 I waste my money....
Posted By: ruffcutt Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/04/13
It won't be a waste of money, very well made guns, the 870 is a downgrade in quality.
Posted By: grouseman Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/04/13
Jump on it. Great price, you won't be disappointed.
For only $250.00....you had to ask us?? I think the Rem M-31's are slicker than a Winny M-12. Let the "flames" begin.

Doc
Posted By: 300Savage Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/05/13
I just came back from Pelee Island Ontario on my annual Pheasant Hunt. Shot a lot of pheasants over the two day hunt with my M31 in 16 gage. I love that gun, I shoot it well and the action is so smooth it almost seems to pump itself. I also have a Wichester Model 12 in the same gage, I prefer the M31 just because of the smooth action, the M12 is a few ounces lighter in the muzzle and I shoot it very well but the action is not as smooth and reliable as the Remington 31.
Posted By: orion03 Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/08/13
I also have one in 16 gauge and it's a great gun. You got a heckuva lot of gun for the money.
Make sure it fits you. I've had a couple and shot really low with all of them. Other then that loved everything about them, they just didn't fit me for squat.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/08/13
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
Make sure it fits you. I've had a couple and shot really low with all of them. Other then that loved everything about them, they just didn't fit me for squat.

The 31 fit my dad just fine. wink

[Linked Image]
Posted By: passport Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/09/13
I love me some Rem 31, as Doc said way smoother than the M-12 and shoots ALL ammo, even 16 bore, with no issues.
Posted By: schoolmarm Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/09/13
always wanted one but never had a chance at a good one.
It was a 31L in 12 gauge that was the biggest offender. After missing a bunch of easy shots out grouse hunting one day I threw a bottle out on the ground at about 15 yards. 3 shots all landed at least 2 foot under the bottle. Everything else about that gun was pure perfection, but a shotgun you can't hit anything with is useless!
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/10/13
Simple fix...shorten the stock! shocked You'll shoot higher. wink

My dad was 5'9" and had the stock shortened and a pad added to fit him. I'm 6'2" and shoot very high with it; it's a 12ga FW.

A stock too long will bring the gun up to point down and visa-verse.
Posted By: RufusG Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/12/13
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by Biathlonman

The 31 fit my dad just fine. wink

[Linked Image]

Never get tired of seeing that pic posted. The best part is the dogs cooperating.
Posted By: popplecop Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/12/13
I have 3 in 16 gauge, do love the 31s. The one I use the most has a Poly Choke installed, and the choke works very well.
Posted By: krupp Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/14/13
It's mine! They lowered it to $200 OTD. Eat your hearts out......
Posted By: grouseman Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/14/13
Smokin' hot deal. We're now waiting for pictures, please.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/17/13
Originally Posted by krupp
It's mine! They lowered it to $200 OTD. Eat your hearts out......

Soooo...you really wish to be shunned...???
smirk

wink
Posted By: krupp Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 11/18/13
I won't gloat anymore. I want to stay on everyone's Xmas card list.
Pix's will be forthcoming next weekend. The kid is at the dorm and only she is smart enough to take a picture.
Posted By: Teal Re: Remington Model 31 Pump - 12/01/13
Originally Posted by Doctor_Encore
For only $250.00....you had to ask us?? I think the Rem M-31's are slicker than a Winny M-12. Let the "flames" begin.

Doc

No flames here - I'll take a 31 over the 12 all day, any day.
© 24hourcampfire