Home
Posted By: UncleJesse what is this shottie? - 01/12/14
It is a double barreled shotgun. 12 bore he calls it. It is in India. Can you help me identify it? This pic is all ive got right now. [Linked Image]
Posted By: selmer Re: what is this shottie? - 01/12/14
Going to need more detail than seen here. And WTH is a "shottie"?
Posted By: erich Re: what is this shottie? - 01/12/14
If the barrels are short it could be a Howda(spl ?) pistol. At one time tigers were hunted from the back of elephants, the platform or basket that the hunter sat and shot from was called a Howda and they kept a short barreled shotgun in the basket to repel a wounded tiger that decided he didn't care for the hunter or the elephant and tried to kill either.

Or it is some ones home defence gun. With the stepped barrel it looks like a Manufrance Robust but I think the pins are in the wrong place for a Robust.

As with anywhere in the world some one might of just customized it for themselves.

More pictures would help.
Posted By: UncleJesse Re: what is this shottie? - 01/12/14
Here's another image. Trying to get a rollstamp shot as well.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: selmer Re: what is this shottie? - 01/12/14
I think erich hit the nail on the head - that certainly looks like a Howdah of some sort. Would be a WICKED home defense piece.
Posted By: erich Re: what is this shottie? - 01/12/14
The barrels look too long for a Howda and the re-enforced frame leaves out the Robust. I would think it is just a deffence shotgun of some type. Looks like whoever built it did a nice job.
Posted By: UncleJesse Re: what is this shottie? - 01/14/14
Mystery solved
[Linked Image]
© 24hourcampfire