Home
Posted By: Bogtrotter New A5 - 03/31/14
Just picked up A new A5 in 12 gauge. I haven't shot it yet but if it shoots as good as it feels, it's gonna be a winner. I'm so glad Browning brought back the humpbacks. I actually like the feel of the new guns better. We start shooting skeet in two weeks, I'll take it out and see how she does.
Posted By: CrowRifle Re: New A5 - 03/31/14
I would be very interested in a range report. Congrats!
Posted By: Longbeardking Re: New A5 - 04/01/14
The original Belgium Browning "humpback" will NEVER be replaced. I have had mine since 1967. I still have my father's from 1946. Or at least my son has it. Just the nostalgia alone is worth owning one. Fit and function is unsurpassed by any other auto. JMHO.............
Posted By: Browningfan369 Re: New A5 - 04/02/14
I'm seriously considering adding a new A-5 to the collection, please let use know how she performs for you in the field.I have two older Belgium A-5's and would love to have a new one for the collection.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: New A5 - 04/04/14
I like the new ones and the old ones. Good job Browning!
Posted By: Bogtrotter Re: New A5 - 04/04/14
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
I like the new ones and the old ones. Good job Browning!

+1
Posted By: duckster Re: New A5 - 04/07/14
I was at a LGS this weekend and got to handle a new A5 Ultimate. Wow, I really like the feel and look of that shotgun! I like the oil finish better than the high gloss. Not as crazy about the silver receiver, however.
Posted By: bea175 Re: New A5 - 04/08/14
now if they would make it in a 20 ga Left Hand
Posted By: GaryVA Re: New A5 - 04/08/14
Not the biggest fan of semi-auto upland guns, though I do greatly like the Benelli Montefeltro. But, after handling the new A-5, I must say as far as a 12 gauge goes, I'd probably opt for this Browning if looking at a semi-auto. A great design that is well thought out in this particular gun. But, it does have one flaw, it is not 20 gauge and it does not have two barrels laugh
Posted By: duckster Re: New A5 - 04/08/14
I would also like to see them make one in 20 ga.
Posted By: Bogtrotter Re: New A5 - 04/15/14
Took the new A5 to the club, on sat. an shot a few rounds of skeet. I am liking it! Cycled 1&1/8 .oz load without a problem.
It seems to fit pretty good ,I don't think i'll have to fool around with the shims. I'll have to check the physical weight of the gun, but it feels lighter than my Beretta 390's. They are makeing a 3&1/2" now, also. I think they'll give Benelli some competion.
© 24hourcampfire