Home
Posted By: Gary O Entry level turkey shotgun? - 07/02/14
I would like a repeater with screw chokes. What say you? Thanks...
Here are two top choices in that category:

Mossberg 835 or REM 870. Each is available in several different models, camo patterns etc., etc.
Originally Posted by Natty_Bumpo
Here are two top choices in that category:

Mossberg 835 or REM 870. Each is available in several different models, camo patterns etc., etc.

That.

Screw in a full choke, pattern it and go kill somethin
Both are excellent!! I have friends with 100 plus gobblers and those are there shotguns!!!!
Posted By: gunut Re: Entry level turkey shotgun? - 07/03/14
I use a BPS deer/turkey special...rifle like stock dimensions....comes with an extra full turkey choke and a extended rifled deer slug choke....
Nothing special is needed for Turkeys - a nice tight choke and a little camo wrap or tape makes a nice turkey gun. I have an 870 thst eillvdhoot fsncy magnum shells with a turkey x -full choke and a sling but i always end up dragging out the old model 11 and 2 3/4" number 5's. I thought this year's gobbler was at my max range of 45 yards when I shot him pretty quickly before he walked out of range. With a little more time to measure he was well over 50 yards. That is with a 50 year old shotgun and walmart ammunition.

So pick the shotgun that fits you best and give it a turkey season makeover. Knowing your pattern and how far you can count on lethal density is what you want to use as your guide.
© 24hourcampfire