Home
Posted By: Ironworker Recoil Pad - 08/16/14
My Winchester SX3 kicks less than my pump no doubt. What after market recoil pads have y'all been using ? What about "Kick-ezz" ?
Posted By: passport Re: Recoil Pad - 08/16/14
I find Kick-ezz too tacky and soft, and they rip really easy. IMO you can't beat a Pachmayr sporting clay pad, the one with the hard plastic tip. Model #SC100. Plus I think they grind better..
Posted By: RaySendero Re: Recoil Pad - 08/16/14
I'll second that.
Use Kick-Eez on my rifles but use Pachmayr on my shotguns.
Posted By: Ironworker Re: Recoil Pad - 08/16/14
The Limb savor looks promising,any one with experience with those ?
Posted By: rcamuglia Re: Recoil Pad - 08/18/14
I put Hi Viz XCoil pads on all of my rifles and shotguns.

They rule
Posted By: humdinger Re: Recoil Pad - 08/18/14
Limbsaver came out with a Airtech recoil pad that looks good. I think it is sticky like Passport said about other makes.

The hard tip is worthwhile.
Posted By: Ironworker Re: Recoil Pad - 08/31/14
I sent stock to Limbsaver and had them install a grind to fit.I was out shooting it yesterday ,its very nice.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Recoil Pad - 08/31/14
I like the Decelerator (Pachmayr), though don't like the sporting clays version with the solid wedge at the top (I much prefer the Old English model w/o it). A little ArmourAll or similar product will slick a pad up nicely.

I also like the Kick Eez, though it is a bit softer and will splay out is stored butt down.
Posted By: seal_billy Re: Recoil Pad - 09/05/14
The limbsaver will get stickier over time. Mine sticks to the bottom of my safe. I also have a hivz and I like it better.
Posted By: Natty_Bumpo Re: Recoil Pad - 09/05/14
Originally Posted by passport
I find Kick-ezz too tacky and soft, and they rip really easy. IMO you can't beat a Pachmayr sporting clay pad, the one with the hard plastic tip. Model #SC100. Plus I think they grind better..

+3 on a bird gun. A smooth mount is the main thing.....

On a duck/goose gun, its of lesser importance IME.
Posted By: passport Re: Recoil Pad - 09/06/14
As a sidebar, I have has our own Redneck grind a few pads and he does dame fine work, plus he fast as hell.

Just thought I would toss that out there..
© 24hourcampfire