Home
Posted By: 1Longbow Benelli Help - 09/22/14
I bought a new Benelli Montefeltro,and after shooting it a the patterning board,its shooting low ,dead on but low. It came with a bunch of shims ,but after reading through the manual on them ,I can make heads or tails about what it is saying. Can anyone help me on which ones to use to raise the point on impact? Thank you
Posted By: Teal Re: Benelli Help - 09/22/14
Your "rear sight" on a shotgun is your eye. Moving that up and down is the same as moving it on a rifle.

You have to mount and have the same cheek weld every time on a shotgun so you can be consistent.

Raising your head in essence raises that rear sight and your poi will go up. Left goes left, right/right etc.

Not owning a benelli at this time or having access to the shims I can't tell you which is which but - you want the shim that raises your eyes.
Posted By: Magnum_Man Re: Benelli Help - 09/23/14
teal, said it use the shim that is thinner at the top ,thicker on the bottom and your cheek will be higher showing you more inclined rib,giving you a higher impact. C shim gives the most drop with the A giving the least so for a higher impact use the A shim and make sure to use the A plate for the stock bolt. Way it works on my M-1 Benelli and I think they are the same set up. The B would be inbetween raising the stock just a little. Mag Man
Posted By: 1Longbow Re: Benelli Help - 09/23/14
Thank you very much for the responses
© 24hourcampfire