Home
Posted By: velcro Remington 1100 - 09/25/14
I have an 1100 that when you fire it, it reloads it self fine. However when I try to load it manually by feeding shells into the magazine and pulling back on the bolt by hand it will not load a shell into the chamber. I have taken it apart and cleaned it including the trigger housing & oiled it but still will not load manually. Any help? Please
Thanks
Posted By: passport Re: Remington 1100 - 09/25/14
Does the bolt lock back with the round out of the mag tube? If you close the action will it pick up the round and chamber it? If you open the action and drop a round in the action then close the action will it life the round and put it in the chamber?

Posted By: velcro Re: Remington 1100 - 09/25/14
If you load the mag tube and try to chamber a round, the bolt locks back with the round out of the mag tube & the round just floats in the receiver. If you turn the gun over so the round lays on the top of the receiver and push the silver feeder the round will chamber. The action does not seem like it is lifting the round into the chamber. But when the gun is in battery and you fire the round the gun functions as it should.
Posted By: ready_on_the_right Re: Remington 1100 - 09/25/14
That's the way it is designed to operate. It is a gas operated action, no gas, no operation.

Mike
Posted By: chris_c Re: Remington 1100 - 09/26/14
You are not cycling the action as fast and hard as when you shoot it. It will work if you try harder.
Posted By: velcro Re: Remington 1100 - 09/26/14
Thanks Guy's I had a hunch it might have been that, but I just don't know the characteristics of how the 1100 cycles.
Thanks again
Jerry
Posted By: 16gauge Re: Remington 1100 - 09/26/14
Just got done playing with mine.....what ready on the right said is correct; mine works fine when fired, but locks open when I attempt to rack a round into the chamber from the magazine tube using the cocking handle.
My Remington model 11 (A5 copy) doesn't act this way....if I rack it, a round will feed from the magazine tube and the action will close.
Posted By: Redneck Re: Remington 1100 - 09/30/14
Originally Posted by chris_c
You are not cycling the action as fast and hard as when you shoot it. It will work if you try harder.
That, plus it's very possible you have a weak magazine spring. It's the speed of the shell coming out of the magazine that must trip the carrier release.. If the inertia's not there, it won't trip..
Posted By: grouseman Re: Remington 1100 - 09/30/14
Clean out the magazine tube, spring, and pusher.

And the trigger group.
Posted By: NoCAL Re: Remington 1100 - 10/01/14
Put the butt against your leg and cycle hard and fast. It will load but it's just not designed to do it that way.

NoCAL
© 24hourcampfire