Home
Posted By: bobski new guy shotgunner here - 05/12/15
after years of trying, finally in 2014 i got logged in, but couldnt get past the log in password issues. finally, i can post here as of today.
hello to all.
hello to all that may know me from other websites.
im here to gladly share what i know about shotgunning.
thanks for having me.
i like skeet and trap, and old shotgun collecting and shooting.
ask away. im on board.
regards...
Posted By: DMc Re: new guy shotgunner here - 05/13/15
Welcome

DMc
Posted By: bobski Re: new guy shotgunner here - 05/13/15
thanks..............
Posted By: Jahrs Re: new guy shotgunner here - 05/13/15
Welcome Bob,

I can't hit a clay target or a duck to save my life and I'm pretty sure it's because I'm cross eye dominate. I shoot right and I'm left eye dominate. When I shoot with both eyes open I see two front sights. Shooting with my left eye shut doesn't seem like a good solution. Any advice besides shooting from the other side?
Posted By: MWN Re: new guy shotgunner here - 05/13/15
I've seen guys tape a small 'patch' on their shooting glasses over their dominant eye that allows them to keep it open but not allow it to play into screwing up the sight picture while acquiring the target and shooting.
Posted By: battue Re: new guy shotgunner here - 05/13/15
Seeing two isn't wrong.

Point you finger at something in the distance and look at what you are pointing at. You will see it alone and two fingers out of focus.

Point you finger at something and look at you finger and you will see two of what you are pointing at, which will be out of focus, but only one finger.

Look hard at the target with a shotgun, and for the most part the barrels will disappear.

The way the eyes work.

Eye dominance is a different issue.

Posted By: JOG Re: new guy shotgunner here - 05/13/15
Are you the Double Auto bobski of Shotgun World?
Posted By: Jahrs Re: new guy shotgunner here - 05/16/15
Thanks battue for the tip. I just assumed seeing double was part of being cross eye dominant.
Hey bobski, welcome to the fire!
© 24hourcampfire