Home
Posted By: borden811 Remington 11-87 sp - 05/18/15
I have basically no need for another shotgun. That being said, I've been toying with the idea of grabbing a short barreled scattergun, and turning it into a turkey slayer. I recently ran across an 11-87 sp chambered for 3" shells, with a 21" barrel for a decent price. Any of you guys have experience with these guns? Anyone run a short barreled Remington for turkey? What kind of patterns are you getting with them. I mainly shoot benellis, but I'm considering this as a project. I plan on adding a pistol grip stock, turkey choke, some sort of sights(irons, red dot, scope, etc) and camo finish.
Posted By: passport Re: Remington 11-87 sp - 05/18/15
Im running a 21 inch, might be 23 inch, 11-87 Premier I bought as a parts gun that I did what your talking about. Had it dipped, spun in a .650 choke and shoot steering wheel size patterns of 3 inch #5 Long Beard out to dam near 50 yards.

I like mine bit if I were to do it again I would go with vent rib and bead not open sights. That said my sight is getting worse and a red dot might be in my future....

[Linked Image]
Posted By: coyote268 Re: Remington 11-87 sp - 05/18/15
My Daughter has one and loves it. She has probably harvested in the neighborhood of 30 goblers with it. She hasc a scope on it at present but is leaning towards a Burris ff3. She also has a kicks 665 choke on it.
© 24hourcampfire