Home
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Winchester SX3 - 03/28/16
Any of you guys shoot one of these? Seems that they cycle all shell lengths well but I've not been around one. I'd be interested in what you think about them.
Posted By: wilkeshunter Re: Winchester SX3 - 03/28/16
They are exceptional shotguns. One of my duck hunting biddies has run one for several years on clays, doves and of course ducks. An SX3 would be on my short list if I were in the market for a new shotgun.
Posted By: bwinters Re: Winchester SX3 - 03/29/16
I bought both a 20 and 12 gauges this past year. The 12 is a 3.5" gun but shoots anything I put in it. I've loaded it with 7.5 dove load, followed by a 3.5 magnum followed by a high brass 2 3/4" magnum. Not even a wobble. Recoil was a bit different..............

I'm not a shotgun guy but these guns seem to be nicely built, function flawlessly, and can take a beating.
Posted By: Teal Re: Winchester SX3 - 03/29/16
I used the X2 exclusively for a long while. GREAT shotgun.

I'd go X3 without reservations.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Winchester SX3 - 03/31/16
Originally Posted by wilkeshunter
They are exceptional shotguns. One of my duck hunting biddies has run one for several years on clays, doves and of course ducks. An SX3 would be on my short list if I were in the market for a new shotgun.

This, exactly.

The only viable alternative for an all-around is the new Remington V3, so long as you don't need 3.5".
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Winchester SX3 - 04/02/16
I'll keep looking for them. I've found a few SX2s also so I may snag one of I can get it cheap enough.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Winchester SX3 - 04/03/16
The SX2 is at least a half pound heavier. Not that pleasant for all-around carrying, but great in a goose blind.
Posted By: ajmorell Re: Winchester SX3 - 04/03/16
Yep, the SX2 is actually about 1 lb heavier (mine is right around 8#). I have no desire to carry it rabbit or grouse hunting, in fact I even hate carrying it out turkey hunting, but in the duck blind it never misses a beat. I don't think there's a better autoloader for the money.
Posted By: Oklahomahunter Re: Winchester SX3 - 04/05/16
I'm looking for a beater that I can slick up. They're hard to come by, though.
© 24hourcampfire