Home
Posted By: TvTech Old Stevens Sidelock - 04/27/16
While visiting family in FL, my brother-in-law showed me a shotgun he bought for $100. The stock was made from a 2 X 4. The gun itself was a little rough,but the action is very tight and the bores look incredible for something so old, almost as though they were chromed. Anyway, he asked if I could find a stock for him. I told him I would look and maybe take a shot at making him one. Well, I made one from scratch and it's almost done. I just have to checker it. Here are a few pictures of how it looks compared to the one that was on it. It's not perfect, but it's way better than the one that was on it. This is the first time I tried my hand at stock making.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: Odessa Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 04/28/16
That is pretty cool; probably never cross my mind to take on making a stock - nice job.
Posted By: FieldGrade Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 04/28/16
Very cool.....
Posted By: SargeMO Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 04/28/16
Fine work there TVTech!
Posted By: WillARights Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 04/28/16
I dig Tvtech.

I second the "fine work"
Posted By: Whelenman Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 04/28/16
Originally Posted by TvTech
While visiting family in FL, my brother-in-law showed me a shotgun he bought for $100. The stock was made from a 2 X 4. The gun itself was a little rough,but the action is very tight and the bores look incredible for something so old, almost as though they were chromed. Anyway, he asked if I could find a stock for him. I told him I would look and maybe take a shot at making him one. Well, I made one from scratch and it's almost done. I just have to checker it. Here are a few pictures of how it looks compared to the one that was on it. It's not perfect, but it's way better than the one that was on it. This is the first time I tried my hand at stock making.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Which is which grin

Very nice job!!
Posted By: TvTech Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 04/28/16
Thank you all very much. I'm sure I'll be trying this again on something that I can keep. This one has to go back to FL.
Posted By: TvTech Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 08/20/16
I finally got around to finishing this stock. Here it is after I checkered it.
[Linked Image]
Posted By: 30Gibbs Re: Old Stevens Sidelock - 09/05/16
Nice.
© 24hourcampfire