Home
Posted By: Brian A fool and his money - 06/03/16
looking for a nice side by side

a new Grulla from EuroOptic or a crusty beat up Purdey or Holland and Holland from the likes of vintagedoubles, wmandco or steve barnett

must have double triggers
Posted By: erich Re: A fool and his money - 06/03/16
There are a ton of them out there. Buying one just for the name is a disaster waiting to happen.

First find out what you need to fit you, length of pull, drop and cast.

Gauge

What choking will you need, fixed or tubes?

Barrel length, they come from 25" to 34+"

Weight, 12 ga SxS's will run from 5+# to over 9#

What will it's uses be, upland, quail vs pheasants, sporting clays, or waterfowl(will you need it to be steel safe or are you ok buying soft non-toxic's ie. bismuth or tungsten matrix) or just a safe queen to say you have one?

If buying used learn about barrel wall thickness, whether it is in proof(English Guns). Learn about proof marks, chamber designations(length) and barrel steels.

For me spending 10K on a shotgun isn't something I jump into blind

Happy hunting.

Here is a sight pretty much dedicated to classic American, European and English doubles.

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php
Posted By: EdM Re: A fool and his money - 06/03/16
If you have the cash and want Spanish Arrizabalaga would be my pick. On the English side it would be a droplock from Westley Richards that will set you back a fair bit more but returning it upon sale as well. The latter is my dream shotgun.
Posted By: bangeye Re: A fool and his money - 06/03/16
If I wanted a nice sxs to hunt with I would call up NECG limited and order one of their AYA model 4-25 specials. A lot of gun for $3995.
Posted By: passport Re: A fool and his money - 06/05/16
This is a lot of gun for the coin.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/11227504/Re:_UGARTECHEA_16_BORE_GAME_GU#Post11227504

What does the Forum think Brian should pay for my Ithaca:
(P.S. -- I have not been in contact with Brian)

1927 Ithaca NID Modified full -- Unmolested:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: willhunt4 Re: A fool and his money - 06/27/16
I just bought a new AYA No.2 Round Body deluxe in 16ga from Pacific Sporting Arms this weekend. It took me almost a year to find the right gun with the right measurements.

I think I saw a Holland and Holland 12 bore on the rack at Pacific. It's probably listed on their website.

Good luck
© 24hourcampfire