Home
Posted By: Tarkio Youth 20 ga Recommendations - 08/08/16
Kids got their first chance to shoot trap at a youth function this week.

Shot a 20 ga and enjoyed it as well as busting clays.

Now we come to the inevitable question as to which 20 ga is out there that would work well for kids and won't break the bank as there is a chance their interest will wane.
Posted By: add Re: Youth 20 ga Recommendations - 08/08/16
Mossberg Bantam.

Not as fancy as the Rem but the top safety is nice.
https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbth...gestions_for_20_ga._for_my_#Post11310008
How much breaks the bank? I went with the Franchi Affinity. that Weatherby gets good reviews for a less expensive gun.
Remington 1100 LT-20 or Franchi 48. The 1100 is a better shooting gun, the Franchi a better hunter.
Originally Posted by liliysdad
Remington 1100 LT-20 or Franchi 48. The 1100 is a better shooting gun, the Franchi a better hunter.

I will add the Franchi 720 or 620 to that list as well.
Get a youth gun, not a full sized gun.
My son has a Weatherby SA-08 and it's been a great gun. It gets very solid reviews on the internet. It comes with a youth stock but you can buy an adult stock later.
Posted By: cdb Re: Youth 20 ga Recommendations - 08/29/16
Weatherby SA-08 Youth/Compact would be my first choice. My grown daughter likes hers better than the Winchester SX-3 Compact Walnut Field she had.

Mossberg Youth SA-20 is good but some of them don't cycle light loads well.

Franchi Affinity Compact is a great shotgun but will have more recoil than a gas gun.

Franchi 720 Compact is great too but hard to find since they've been out of production for a while. They are pricey when you do find them. AL-48 would be too light IMO and some people don't like the barrel movement.

If you want to up your budget then a Browning Silver Micro Midas or Winchester SX-3 Compact Field.
© 24hourcampfire