Home
Posted By: blairvt Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/09/16
Took a 12 ga out for dove season and the top barrel wasn't hitting the primer hard enough to make it go off every time. Hopefully a easy fix. Whats everyone think? Where to get it fixed?
Posted By: battue Re: Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/10/16
Possibly a broken firing pin or burnished pin tip if it has been fired more than a little. May also be a broken firing pin spring that is causing a weak hit. Someone familiar with Winchester's may be your best starting bet.

Good chance Redneck here on the fire can either fix or send you to the right place.
Posted By: cooper57m Re: Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/10/16
Once you determine what is the problem (broken or worn pin or a weak hammer spring, check out Gunbroker.com there are quite a few Charles Daly parts available there or you could try Gun Parts Corp.
Posted By: JimHnSTL Re: Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/11/16
That gun may very well also share parts with the citori. Once you determine what part is needed it shouldn't be too much of issue finding it somewhere. I would check out Brownells.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/11/16
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL
That gun may very well also share parts with the citori. Once you determine what part is needed it shouldn't be too much of issue finding it somewhere. I would check out Brownells.

Here is a link to a qualified gunsmith. We actually wrote some of the books on gunsmithing. If the early Citori and Miroku are the same or similar, he should know how to fix yours, as he was the west's Browning warranty repair for many years. He gets the work done and doesn't "store" your gun for several seasons like many other gunsmiths.

http://www.piscogunsmithing.com/
Posted By: msj348 Re: Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/13/16
I have an old Charles Daly 20ga that I had 2 problems with. First it would fire 1 barrel and not reset for the next shot. The oil/solvent I used was running down to the trigger and reacting with the "gold" plating making a green sludge gumming it up. Solution was use less oil and store it muzzles down.

Next problem was the firing pins sticking locking up the gun. I took it to Briley in Houston. I cant remember exactly what they did but it has worked fine ever since.
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/15/16
Originally Posted by luv2safari
Originally Posted by JimHnSTL

Here is a link to a qualified gunsmith. HE actually wrote some of the books on gunsmithing. If the early Citori and Miroku are the same or similar, he should know how to fix yours, as he was the west's Browning warranty repair for many years. He gets the work done and doesn't "store" your gun for several seasons like many other gunsmiths.

http://www.piscogunsmithing.com/

Made a correction for my typo. Bob Dunlap wrote the books and publishes videos. I had nothing to do with them.
Posted By: blairvt Re: Charles Daly (Miruko) - 09/15/16
Thanks for the help guys, I'm going to give it a good cleaning and see what that does.
© 24hourcampfire