Home
Posted By: SCGunNut Marlin 120 - 10/20/16
Don't know why, but I had always fancied a nice, late model Marlin 120 pump-gun. Just always liked their looks. I specifically wanted a late production one with the nicer checkered walnut, rather than the earlier model with the cheap looking impressed "checkering." Last week I found this one on GunBroker and it fit the bill, with the exception of a 30" Full choke barrel. I would have much preferred a 26" IC or 28" Mod but it was too clean to pass up. I figure I'll hunt down a used shorter barrel and probably have it threaded for tubes. Anyway, the gun looks to have seen little use. I did have to tweak the cartridge cut-offs a bit for reliable feeding but it seems to be ok now. Even if I don't find a shorter barrel soon, I may take it on a late season dove hunt or two with the 30" barrel.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
Posted By: luv2safari Re: Marlin 120 - 10/20/16
They are good shotguns, and yours is super clean. Good find. cool
Posted By: Mike_S Re: Marlin 120 - 10/30/16
Barrels show up here (in Connecticut) from time to time. Great guns much like a Mossburg 500 or High Standard functionally but with a steel receiver.
Posted By: erich Re: Marlin 120 - 10/30/16
I used one as a skeet gun in the late 1970's great gun, it reminded me a lot of a Model 12. I consider it much more of a shotgun than the Mossberg or HS. I wore out a HS shooting trap and when I had a gun shop used to trade Mossberg's to tradesmen in lew of cash.
© 24hourcampfire