Home
Posted By: ErichTheRed Beretta silver pigeon - 11/23/16
Yesterday I horse traded a lightly used silver pigeon sporter 1. I would guess it at 95% to 99%, one nick on the butt stock and a small smudge under the brl. Both bores are like mirrors and it locks up like a vault. Came with 5 chokes. I was told it was built in 2001. Anything I should know about this mdl Berttta. It is my first O/U shorty.
Thanks Erich
Posted By: ErichTheRed Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/12/16
not the response I was looking for.
Posted By: GF1 Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/14/16
They are wonderful guns, great design. Best shotgun for the money you can buy.

Shallow frame is a big asset - stronger, lighter.
Posted By: Sitka deer Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/15/16
I have a couple 686s in different configurations, but they are they same gun and durable!
Posted By: R_H_Clark Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/15/16
Nothing better in that price range. It just depends on if it or a Browning fits you better. They are both the only entry level O/U I would recommend.
Posted By: Dogslife57 Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/15/16
If you ever have a problem or need service on it(not likely), Coles Gunsmithing is the go to guy in the US. Clearwater (I think) FL. Rich Cole used to be in Maine and then Florida in winter, but I think they're just in FL now. Beretta corporate is not known for great service. The good news is that you probably won't need them. Great gun though.
Posted By: ErichTheRed Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/21/16
I have only owned it for a few weeks. It was a great deal I could not pass it up. I am sure I will love it.
Thanks Erich
I have Beretta shooters at my gun club that have up to 1/2 million rounds through their Beretta's. Only issue in one shotgun was a broken extractor. Many guns of other skeet shooters have 200,000 plus rounds.

I doubt you will live long enough to wear out your new shotgun.

Doc
Posted By: ErichTheRed Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/22/16
WOW
thats a lot of shells
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/22/16
Congratulations. Nice score.
Posted By: dye7barrel Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 12/31/16
Originally Posted by ErichTheRed
I have only owned it for a few weeks. It was a great deal I could not pass it up. I am sure I will love it.
Thanks Erich

Have you shot it yet?

And wow.....that's a lot of rounds.
Posted By: ErichTheRed Re: Beretta silver pigeon - 01/08/17
Yes I have,
I really like it.
© 24hourcampfire