Home
Posted By: eamyrick Browning 16 Gauge Questions - 02/15/17
Any Browning Auto experts have any insight on this gun? The finish looked off to me, almost like a cast rough metal. It's 28 inch full choke. Guy is asking $500. Thanks guys.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

free uploader
Someone bead blasted the top of the receiver when they did the reblue.
I would pass at 500
Bead blasted was the word I was looking for. Thanks for the insight. Yeh if someone refinished I think that price is high. I also have a hard time justifying a need for a full choked gun.
Originally Posted by passport
I would pass at 500

me too, but I really like Belgian A5s.
Posted By: Odessa Re: Browning 16 Gauge Questions - 02/17/17
That's an "American Browning" - built for Browning Arms of St. Louis MO by Remington Arms in Ilion NY during the period after the Germans took Belgium but before the USA turned all production over to War production. Good gun, essentially a Remington Model 11 with the magazine cut-off. The Model 11 was built under license from Browning to begin with. Not sandblasted - that is how they were built. I'd say $400 for 95%, discount for less.
Ps The Buttplate isn't original to the gun (that's an FN buttplate).
Pass
Whats the serial # ?
Here is a comparison shot of two in 16 gauge I owned (the American is gone now). American first, followed by Belgian.

[Linked Image]
ahhhh good catch, I did not notice the non rounded rear stock, the buttplate also is mis matchd
No clue on serial. It's from an online dealer who sent me pictures. I can see that the butt plate doesn't quite fit flush.
Yeah that gun has been patched up....save your $500 and look for a good sweet 16 belgium made..I love mine!
Here's a good one.

http://www.trapshooters.com/threads/belgium-browning-auto-5-a5-16-gauge-shotgun.419353/#post-4172449

Looks like just honest wear and the price is right at 550
Posted By: hanco Re: Browning 16 Gauge Questions - 02/20/17
Pass on it
© 24hourcampfire