Home
Posted By: RichardAustin Anyone Know The Value - 03/23/17
Hello Gents, I have a Belgian Browning O/U Superposed Superlight, 12 ga. 26" Imp/Mod. I am the original owner and have the lifetime warranty card. Gun is in VG to Excellent condition. Any idea of the value? GunBroker shows one sold and it looked a bit rough. Any help appreciated, thanks. Richard
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Anyone Know The Value - 03/24/17
You can also check and compare prices at Jaquas, Doublegunshop, Collectorsfirearms, etc. I also feel like Gunsinternational has more legitimate fine gun dealers. The prices are all over the place for Belgium Brownings but I would say the fact that it is a one owned gun and you know the history adds value to certain buyers. $1500 ballpark?
Posted By: gitem_12 Re: Anyone Know The Value - 03/25/17
15-1800 retail
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Anyone Know The Value - 03/29/17
http://www.jaquas.com/gunlist/Details.asp?StockNumber=143050&StockTemplate=0
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Anyone Know The Value - 03/29/17
1979 superlight for 3500
Posted By: jt402 Re: Anyone Know The Value - 03/30/17
eamyrick is closer for a Superlight, IF it is not a salt wood gun......even then, the warranty card helps.

Jack
Gents a big thank you to one and all for the help. For the last six or so months I've been trying to figure out the value (should have added mine is a Grade 1, minimal engraving). The only thing I've learned for sure is that prices are all over the place, $1500 to $4500. Except for a vented rib instead of the solid rib I also have the same gun in 20 gauge. Having watched these for awhile it would seem the 20 (or 28, 410, have not seen a 16) are a lot more desirable that the 12's. I don't understand the pricing of these. I've had the opportunity to handle, shoot/hunt some of the very expensive doubles, English and other wise. Quite honestly I think these Belgium Browning O/U superlights hold their own - even better than most - against some very expensive guns. That advice and 5 bucks will get you a coffee at starbucks.

Again thanks guys. Very much appreciated.

Richard
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Anyone Know The Value - 03/30/17
I think the 20 should be immediately sent to Texas for my appraisal work.
Originally Posted by eamyrick
I think the 20 should be immediately sent to Texas for my appraisal work.

How many boxes of shells will you need and do you have a favorite brand?

The 20 has a much slimmer (is that a word?) profile and almost feels like it's too lite. IMO the frame and weight of the 12 is just right, I like the swing and follow thru. On the other hand when I shoot clay pidgins no one ever mistakes me for a competitive shooter so my opinion doesn't mean much.
Posted By: eamyrick Re: Anyone Know The Value - 04/08/17
Yeh that light weight doesn't swing as well but feels great after mile 5.
© 24hourcampfire