Home
Posted By: gunzo Low, low 30mm rings - 07/29/20
The question is addressed about once a year & there is an old chart. But, just checking in to see if any one knows of new or recently introduced ones.

Ken Farrels are the lowest I know of @.735 & probably the lowest anybody could use. I scored a set of these used for a decent price & love them, but @ $165 a pair new, I can't see having many of them.

APA's are next to my knowledge @ .75 & more money than Farrels. At $195 I'm out.

Next up that I know of is the ex low(.815) TPS-TSR. A nice ring for 80-85 bucks. Beyond this height everybody makes them at .825 & up. For my use, it would be nice to find some affordable ones in the .750 - .800" range.

Have I missed any new one that might have come out lately?
Posted By: pullit Re: Low, low 30mm rings - 07/29/20
I was mounting a scope on a Christensen Ridgeline and the lowest thing I was able to come up with was a set of Leupold Dual Dovetail mounts and a set of Leupold low 30 mm dual dovetail rings.
Posted By: gunzo Re: Low, low 30mm rings - 07/29/20
Yeah, my bad pullit. I had picatinny or Weaver type on my mind & didn't think about DD's & the like. The Leupold QRW 30mm is pretty low as well. Not really trusting the the QRW style & am moving away from DD's as well.

Had my mind on ones to use with rails & such, but thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: pullit Re: Low, low 30mm rings - 07/29/20
I spent days and several dollars trying to get low the a rail and rings. I finally gave up and went DD.
Posted By: Grady8541 Re: Low, low 30mm rings - 07/30/20
Vortex hunters are the lowest I have used.
https://vortexoptics.com/vortex-hunter-30mm-rings.html?vx_ring_height=1182
© 24hourcampfire