Home
I’ve just mounted this on a .30-06 shooting 150-gr spitzers at some 2,800 fps. For those who’ve used this scope, what do you think I can expect when sighting in with the Ballistic Plex and the various elevation hash marks? Thanks.
Originally Posted by cwh
I’ve just mounted this on a .30-06 shooting 150-gr spitzers at some 2,800 fps. For those who’ve used this scope, what do you think I can expect when sighting in with the Ballistic Plex and the various elevation hash marks? Thanks.

Was your scope new? In the box, there are charts that show where you should zero and what each hash mark should represent. This based on cartridge, bullet, velocity, trajectory etc...
Burris has a tool on their website called "Reticle Analysis", which will allow you to do this. LINK
Zero at 100, and the marks below will be close enough to 200, 300, 400 yds. For a 3-9x FF II.
Originally Posted by plumbum
Zero at 100, and the marks below will be close enough to 200, 300, 400 yds. For a 3-9x FF II.

This is correct although you will want to check the exact points of impact at the range. I like to zero the first hash mark below the cross hair intersection at 200 yards. But you'll have to decide the specifics based on the country you hunt in. I often hunt in open country and many of my shots come at 200-300 yards.
Originally Posted by plumbum

I've done this on several rifles using both the 3X9 and the 4.5X14 Ballistic Plex scopes, in 223, 6.5 Creedmoor, and 308. While I don't think I'd want to do any competition shooting with this setup, I'd certainly go hunting with it. It has worked particular well with 150 grain 308's.
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the comments. I’m looking forward to finding out how it works with my set up.
Originally Posted by dan_oz
Burris has a tool on their website called "Reticle Analysis", which will allow you to do this. LINK

^Do this.^
© 24hourcampfire