Home
I was at a gun shop and look through some Vortex razor binoculars and was amazed at how sharp and clearer images were. I have been told that there are other brands a binoculars that offer the same very sharp and clear images without the price tag of the razors. What brands offer the same Optical quality as Vortex razors without the price tag that you guys know about?
Wow none of you optic snobs have an option? LOL
I'm a snob wannabe. Can't afford true snobbery. I've never looked through razors, but tract toric has pretty good glass and doesn't break the bank.

Edit to say you can find lots of tract opinions in a few threads below.
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy

No...just of the opinion you are a fuckwit.
I have an old pair of Cabela's Euro Binoculars that are amazingly clear, people are surprised when I can spot deer a good distance away. I paid over $400 for them back in the early 2000s.

Here's the post asking if anyone knew who manufactured them for Cabela's:

Does anyone know who supplied these to Cabela's? I am wanting to send them in to be refurbished, I dropped them a while back and while they don't fog internally, I would like to have them checked out.

Thanks

[Linked Image from texashuntingforum.com]

Love my old Kahles , don't think they make them anymore. I would probably be looking at some of the Minox brand.
Originally Posted by JSTUART

No...just of the opinion you are a fuckwit.

See an optic snob just spoke up but had no useful information......
Originally Posted by Darryle
I have an old pair of Cabela's Euro Binoculars that are amazingly clear, people are surprised when I can spot deer a good distance away. I paid over $400 for them back in the early 2000s.

Does anyone know who supplied these to Cabela's? I am wanting to send them in to be refurbished, I dropped them a while back and while they don't fog internally, I would like to have them checked out.

Thanks

Be careful they don't send you a different pair
I have a very limited amount of experience with good quality optics. So, take this for what it’s worth.

I looked thru and was able to use on a few outings, a friends Swarovski and another’s Zeiss. I freakin loved them! I simply cannot afford 2-3k pair of binos, period.

I had a pair of the Razors a few years ago. I liked them as well. I really enjoyed looking thru them. I just found them too heavy for my liking.

I had a pair of Zeiss and Pentax, and a pair of Minox also. I don’t remember the models off the top of my head. None of them top tier. They all where good, much better than any run of the mill , say Bushnell, or whatever I had from local sporting good stores.

My BIL, just bought a pair of Tract binos. I will be buying a pair myself ASAP. They are crystal clear, nicely balanced and the weight seems like it’s where it should be. Not too heavy, nor too light. Goldie Locks, just right. 😅

I just traded into a pair of GPO’s, and really like them as well. But would be out of my price range to buy.

I’m trying to school myself out on how to actually know what to look for in quality optics. People use all kinds of words and phrases that I have absolutely no idea what they mean when they talk optics. So, learning, or trying to learn.

Certainly not an optics snob, but maybe a wanna be optics snob? I at least want to be able to speak optics snobbery.. 😂🤣🥲

I am watching this thread with hopefulness of learning.
As mentioned, take a look at the Tract Toric’s. I just got a pair of 8x42 that I really like but I’ve never looked through any of the top tier binos as a point of reference.
Tract Torics, I have the 10x42 HD, awesome glass for the money. Nice company to deal with. No regrets. My wife has already claimed them from me and left with her Minox HB's. I did enjoy them when I had them!
I bought some 8x33 Kowa Genesis from Doug and they are the clearest and brightest binoculars I have ever used. They are just under $900 and we’ll worth the price of admission
https://cameralandny.com/shop/brand...0139-7796-00163ecd2826?variation=2924148
Originally Posted by Darryle

Thanks

Cabelas EURO binocs made in Japan????
That is what I was thinking myself, but these are some badass clear binoculars even though they are close too or over 20yrs old.
For what it's worth, two years ago I somehow? found myself on a WY hunt minus my main binos. But I still had my very affordable glove box Pentax DCF-XP 8x32 back-ups. And amazingly, I seemed able to pick up details much the same as much pricier glass. But I still wish I'd had my Zeiss Conquest binos.
I have looked thru a few pair of Sig Zulu binos and was very impressed.

Found these on Camofire and they are about $200 cheaper than Cameralandny.com

Understandable that their demo would be cheaper than new, as it should be. Zulu 9's are a nice binocular
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Understandable that their demo would be cheaper than new, as it should be. Zulu 9's are a nice binocular

So, Doug what do you have that is Vortex razor binoculars quality but without that same price tag?
What we suggest in excellent quality optics below $1,000.00 is:

Kowa Genesis, GPO Passion HD, Zeiss Conquest HD, Meopta Meopro Air and Leica Trinovid

So, Doug what do you have that is Vortex razor binoculars quality but without that same price tag?

I believe you can actually get Vortex Razors cheaper than that.

If you're looking for opinions, for around that $thousand bucks range, the Razor holds its own.

https://aaoptics.com/REFURBISHED-RAZOR%C2%AE-HD-BINOCULARS-10x42_p_511.html

Kowa Genesis, GPO Passion HD, Zeiss Conquest HD, Meopta Meopro Air and Leica Trinovis

What's your personal fav out of that line up?

DF

Any chance you're related to powdr? whistle

There's a gentleman selling a Razor in the classifieds right now (10x42).

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...inos-vortex-razor-hd-meopta#Post16739783

Kowa Genesis, GPO Passion HD, Zeiss Conquest HD, Meopta Meopro Air and Leica Trinovis

The Kowa Genesis is superb.
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

The Kowa and the GPO (The GPO is slightly lighter and a superior feel in the hands) The Kowa is slightly optically superior
Originally Posted by Dirtfarmer

DF

The Kowa and the GPO (The GPO is slightly lighter and a superior feel in the hands) The Kowa is slightly optically superior

Thanks.

As always....

DF
Have been thoroughly impressed with the $299 Vortex Viper 10x42 HD's from Cabelas's. I have a Swaro SLC 10x42 and in direct comparison the Vipers are very very good. They don't quite have the depth of field of the Swaros but the sharpness at the center (and most) of the view is extremely close. Have ran them in bright light where the Swaro has a little better control of flare and near dark where the difference requires a tripod to hold them still enough to see any difference. The Vipers are good enough that I am seriously considering selling my SLC's. Would have never guessed the Vipers to be that good.
Originally Posted by centershot
Have been thoroughly impressed with the $299 Vortex Viper 10x42 HD's from Cabelas's. I have a Swaro SLC 10x42 and in direct comparison the Vipers are very very good. They don't quite have the depth of field of the Swaros but the sharpness at the center (and most) of the view is extremely close. Have ran them in bright light where the Swaro has a little better control of flare and near dark where the difference requires a tripod to hold them still enough to see any difference. The Vipers are good enough that I am seriously considering selling my SLC's. Would have never guessed the Vipers to be that good.

I believe ya.'

My son bought the Vipers during Cabela's $299 sale too. We were sitting on a hill glassing deer last weekend, him with his Vipers and me with my Swaro ELs, and I was impressed with the Vipers. The Swaros are better, I think, but $2k better....I dunno. blush
I have the Leica Trinovid 8x42 and they are very sharp and clear.
© 24hourcampfire