Home
Posted By: Sponxx Trail cam - 10/11/22
Hi guys,
I am looking for a trail cam. Doesn't need to be fancy as far as remote control from app, or sending pictures. just need reliability, not too much battery drainage and weatherproofing. SD or microSD card would work.
There are tons of options on Amazon and Camofire, and all of them had have great and bad reviews,
~100$ would be around my budget for it, but could go higher for pic/video quality and reliability.

Thanks
Posted By: SLM Re: Trail cam - 10/11/22
Just started using cameras, but have been happy with the Stealthcam Qs20 and they can be had pretty cheap.
Posted By: JamesJr Re: Trail cam - 10/11/22
I've had good luck with Moultries in that price range range.
Posted By: JPro Re: Trail cam - 10/11/22
Originally Posted by SLM
Just started using cameras, but have been happy with the Stealthcam Qs20 and they can be had pretty cheap.

I use about ten of the cheaper Stealthcam models and I think I've had one or two go out in the last couple of years. Not bad odds for the money.
Posted By: jc189 Re: Trail cam - 10/11/22
Been using Bushnell's for about 5 years now. I have been running 6 of them. I just had the first one go out on me. It went through a tropical storm. The other 5 did too. So I guess that's pretty good odds. The picture quality is good day and night. Good video too.
Posted By: drano 25 Re: Trail cam - 10/12/22
For non-cell cameras, I like the Bushnells also. Had a few of them over the years. Put Luthium batteries when input them out, late August usually, and batteries would last through Christmas.
Posted By: lone wolf Re: Trail cam - 10/12/22
Non cell Browning Strike force
Posted By: Highoctane Re: Trail cam - 10/12/22
Check out the Browning line. They are great cameras. I have had 4 for several years now. Mine stay in the woods year around. No issues at all.
Posted By: Dinny Re: Trail cam - 10/12/22
You can get a cellular Tactacam Reveal X for around $100 now. I run 4 of them year round and like that they're hands-off most the time (just change batteries a couples times per year).
Posted By: coyotewacker Re: Trail cam - 10/12/22
I don't know why trail cams have problems all brands have something goes wrong with them....buy 4 after a year or 2 one or two have something go wrong.....
I've had trail cams since the 35mm type they all go sooner or later you just don't know when....
Posted By: Blacktailer Re: Trail cam - 10/12/22
Just got back from a pronghorn hunt. The outfitter uses nothing but Browning, they have 22 of them up. Thought that was a pretty good recommendation.
© 24hourcampfire