Home
Bushnell Trophy vs Burris Droptine

Both scopes are a similar price point. As a set and forget hunting scope for shots out to 300 yards, is this a coin toss?
Purely on brand experience I prefer lower end Burris over lower end Bushnell. I’ve never tossed a Burris in the trash but have a few Bushnells - hopefully you get more informed responses but if a rifle comes with a new Bushnell they go on eBay. If someone asks me if they should replace their cheap Bushnell I always say yes and used to send them to Burris FF2 if they can’t afford to spend more than $200.
I prefer not to toss coin at dogshit…..
Like which is better: Keystone or Old Milwaukee?
Originally Posted by WAM
Like which is better: Keystone or Old Milwaukee?

Lol, that’s an easy one...Keystone by a mile.

Both of these scopes get great reviews on Optic Planet, MidwayUSA, Amazon, ect. I guess for $100, I can take a chance 😆
Haven’t had any Droptines, nor any of the current Trophys, but the older Trophy XLTs were reliable and always adjusted well for me. They were made in the Philippines or Korea. Dollars to donuts the new ones are made by MtnBoomer’s favorite folks.
Isn't the Droptine basically a modifield version of the Fullfield II? Similar quality, same glass?
I've had good luck with a couple of Trophys but never really punished them either. I have 2 of the FF11s and they have been solid.
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Haven’t had any Droptines, nor any of the current Trophys, but the older Trophy XLTs were reliable and always adjusted well for me. They were made in the Philippines or Korea. Dollars to donuts the new ones are made by MtnBoomer’s favorite folks.
LOL, it's not like that.

I had a Trophy in uhhh, about 1994, on a 30-06. It worked fine until it utterly fell apart inside just sitting there. Fine one day and fubar the next, honest.

Am with Colorado guy on this optics dilemma, neither.

Scrape ya'llz pennies together and wait for Black Friday.
Originally Posted by MtnBoomer
LOL, it's not like that.

I had a Trophy in uhhh, about 1994, on a 30-06. It worked fine until it utterly fell apart inside just sitting there. Fine one day and fubar the next, honest.

On the other hand my brother has had a 3-9 Bushnell Banner on his .270 for about 25 years and it's still working fine.

I think neither are from CHY-NA
The Burris FFII is a solid scope. Have had Droptine on a 22 for 2 years and zero issues FWIW. They aren't long range dialing scopes but solid set and forget.
I have 2 Droptines and am very impressed with the optical quality and the tracking. I don't dial, but these did exactly what they were supposed to do zeroing them. I am easy on my equipment. I don't drop or otherwise abuse my stuff. There's probably better stuff out there for those who torture their equipment.
COO for the Droptine?
COO for the Droptine?

Philippines.
Droptines are made in the Philippines
Is the droptine considered a step up or down from the ff2? Both being dogshit notwithstanding?
Is the droptine considered a step up or down from the ff2? Both being dogshit notwithstanding?
LOL, it's not like that.

I can easily believe that. A scope in that price range has to have crap parts and/or crap glass. Mine and my sons’ were mostly on .22s except for one on an airgun and another on a 7.62x39 (that one I replaced with a FF2, just because).

Been thinking about picking up another SS 6x, maybe a MOA to use for holding, not dialing, with a .22. The numbers would eliminate the need for Grandpa to count hashmarks.
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

Doug explained that it is an FF2 with a few minor upgrades.
Thanks Paul. That seems a little better than dog schidt.
I have a trophy on my win 70 30-06
And one on my T/C in .223

They are great little scopes for the money. I never get a shot out past 75yds with all the trees and thicketts. Haven't had an issue with either.
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by Rickshaw

Doug explained that it is an FF2 with a few minor upgrades.
I missed that. Tnx
© 24hourcampfire