Home
Looking for some binoculars with HD glass but I don't want to pay an arm and a leg. I missed some Vortex Razors and Vipers for 75% off.

What do you guys like that is not so expensive?

Thanks

Tracy
i like my Leupold Yosemite
I’m not a Nikon fan at all, but I’ve got a pair of Prostaff 7s 10x42’s that look just as sharp as my $1,000 Zeiss.
Open box at camera land?
Personally I’d keep an eye out on tract open box /clearance sale and get their 10x42 that can be had around $500.
Meopta is some great reasonably priced glass.
Originally Posted by M1Garand

I was reading this post and I may give Doug a call

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...meopta-meopro-hd-plus-binos#Post17964355
Tract is the answer you seek. I own tier 1 binoculars and I’m truly impressed with what you get for the cost.
Athlon Midas
Hard to go wrong with the Tract Toric binos. Excellent value for the money. Very pleased with my 8x42 ones. Wait for one of their sales and you'll be happy.
Originally Posted by 1tnhunter
i like my Leupold Yosemite
I do also. Great binos for $100
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
Originally Posted by M1Garand

I was reading this post and I may give Doug a call

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...meopta-meopro-hd-plus-binos#Post17964355

I’ve got a brand new pair of the 10x42 MeoPro HD Plus for sale in the classifieds for cheap!
Where did u see vipers or razors 75 percent off?
Just go ahead with a Leica Trinovid HD. Cry once then get over the snivels.
SIGHTRON
Another fan of Yosemite,
Buy ones like mine.
You will love them as much as me. lol
Originally Posted by spence1875

In Dick Sporting Goods They had their Field & Stream store inside and it was going out of business. I had just missed the sale.
The Celestron TrailSeeker ED at $380. was the #1 rated mid-range binocular in a recent birder site where they rated 15 different binos up to the $640. Vortex Viper. That Vortex was rated at #4. Birders are pretty particular about their binoculars.
Based on a side by side review of 26 different 10x42 binos by BackwoodsPursuit, I purxhased a pair of Athlon Cronus G2 from Cameraland. The Cronus beat out some costlier binos in the review
Call Doug at Cameraland..........NEVER steered me wrong.
Originally Posted by burt2506
Always our pleasure to assist. I’m out at SHOT this week so call Neil to discuss options. Great week to buy during our SHOT Show Week Sale.
Originally Posted by burt2506
+1
Originally Posted by Windfall
The Celestron TrailSeeker ED at $380. was the #1 rated mid-range binocular in a recent birder site where they rated 15 different binos up to the $640. Vortex Viper. That Vortex was rated at #4. Birders are pretty particular about their binoculars.

I have pointed several folks to the Celestrons and agree they don't get the buzz they may deserve. A lot of competitions in that arena. .

Looking for a low cost Christmas present options for a friend who clings to cheap 30 year old Bushnell with broken eye cups. I found a 8x32 Styrka S5 for under $100 on amazon. Styrka is no longer in business but I think these were going for around $300 not long ago. I spoke to them when they started the company and liked them. Finally seeing one of theirs I am incredibly impressed. I have 8x32 Zen Rays ( also no longer in business) and these were the first roof prisms I felt were bright enough for me to swap my porros out. The Styrka are probably better than my Zen Rays, Great adjustments and depth of field with a wow factor. Smallish with super nice rubber armor. Looking at roofs my number one priority is Dielectric coatings and all mentioned in this note have them.
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/vortex-viper-hd-binoculars There is a 10% off code today 23CLUB116 Would make a for a fantastic bino ~$270.

FWIW: I picked up a few of these as Christmas presents. Compared directly with my SLC's they more than hold their own - very impressive.
Pentax
Originally Posted by centershot
https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/vortex-viper-hd-binoculars There is a 10% off code today 23CLUB116 Would make a for a fantastic bino ~$270.

FWIW: I picked up a few of these as Christmas presents. Compared directly with my SLC's they more than hold their own - very impressive.

I just picked up a set for my kids to use when they come with me!
I've been really happy with my Leupold BX3 Mojave 8x32's. They are 17 oz's and very clear. Great for hunting. I bought both of mine used, so prices were very reasonable.
Picked up a 10x42 Tract a few weeks back. So far impressed.
I'll second the Vortex vote. Very good image quality and fairly modest price.
Originally Posted by newmexican
Athlon Midas
Yep, bought 2 pair.
Meopta Meopro HD Plus

Meopro HD

Athlon Cronus
Tract
I ordered the Celestron Trail Seeker ED 10x42 Binoculars. I somehow had an Amazon gift card that I did not know about so I am getting them for $170 shipped and they will be here today. If there not what there cracked up to be I will send them back and try something else. I will be reporting back on this wink

Tracy
Your user name is spot on.Lmao
Sorry
Good luck with those
It seems birders are the most active demographic who buy binoculars, I often go to birder sites when looking for reviews, recently bought some for my son and father.
https://www.birdwatching-bliss.com/binoculars-for-bird-watching.html
I got the Celestron Trail Seeker ED 10x42 last night and checked them out this morning and was very pleased, they were bright with great edge to edge sharpness. Later I went to Cabela’s and they let me compare with some of theirs. The Celestron Trail Seeker was sharper edge to edge than the Cabela’s Instinct Euro 10x42 HD Binoculars made by Meopta and just as sharp edge to edge as the Vortex Razor HD 10x42 and brighter than both.

The Vortex Razor HD 10x42 felt a little better in use but for the difference in cost I am very happy with the Celestron Trail Seeker.
Originally Posted by WAM

I second that opinion.
I'd look hard at Kowa Genesis. Call and talk to Doug about them.
Originally Posted by Tarquin
Originally Posted by WAM

I second that opinion.

I am sure there better, but they cost way more than this Celestron and it was better than the Vortex Razor, I think I got the best bang for the buck wink
This keeps come up and the best solution is still to get high end used binoculars and forget paying for the cheaper new stuff…

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...leica-trinovid-10x42-hd-775#Post18148284

Was kinda wondering the same thing myself.
Originally Posted by ShortMag11

Was kinda wondering the same thing myself.

I posted this on the first page. It was at Dick Sporting Goods They had their Field & Stream store inside and it was going out of business. I had just missed the sale. I missed the sale by one day.
Originally Posted by shrapnel
This keeps come up and the best solution is still to get high end used binoculars and forget paying for the cheaper new stuff…

I was wanting high-end binoculars but when I did the research, I found that the bird watching people are endorsing Celestron, Athlon, Vortex and others with the lifetime warranties.

I compared mine to some Vortex Razors and my Celestron were just as sharp and brighter with a $800 less price tag. I now have the best solution. wink
Originally Posted by nimrodtracy
Originally Posted by shrapnel

I was wanting high-end binoculars but when I did the research, I found that the bird watching people are endorsing Celestron, Athlon, Vortex and others with the lifetime warranties.

I compared mine to some Vortex Razors and my Celestron were just as sharp and brighter with a $800 less price tag. I now have the best solution. wink

There is nothing better than being happy with what you’ve got…
© 24hourcampfire