Home
I recently had to throw away my dad's old Tasco spotting scope, there was just no saving it... And even though I never used it - I did finally decide to buy my own due to my eyesight getting a little worse and worse. So I picked up a Vortex Diamondback 20-60 angled lense, on sale.

But a big thing for me is that 99% of my shooting is from a bench or table, and I don't want to lug around to much in the way of tripod or some other stand, I wanted something that could just fit right into the bag the Vortex came with and wouldn't add much weight overall. So, here's my solution:

ONE Zeadio "Metal" Mini-Tripod (I stress the metal part, it is....mostly. But it's pretty light and thin, cheap enough and works at least as a prototype for as long as it lasts.) And ONE Neewer 50mm Tripod Leveling Base. Now, it took me hours to find the smallest leveling base I could - the Neewer, because there aren't a lot of options, and most them are large and expensive. I need some measure of tilt fixing for the spotting scope, and I didn't want to carry around shims, nor is the tripod adjustable. And I have to say, the Neewer product is really nice for its price. 12 degrees isn't much, but it is enough.

So, it all fits in the scope bag and doesn't add much weight. I'll still need a larger more traditional tripod setup for when there's no table room available however. Overall though, I am pretty damn well pleased with how it turned out. It's fairly stable, very light weight, and very, very compact. I have more complaints about the Vortex scope (the cap doesn't stay on very well on the objective lens... The eye piece cover takes to long to unscrew, they should have turned the mounting base 180 so that it could be rotated ALL the way around the body to any position including 'over' the body,small eyepiece, pretty [bleep] eye relief, small eyebox,) than I do about the 'chinesium' tripod and head.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

So, anyone got any efficient, funky, or other setups you want to share?
[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]
Huh.
That's a clamp.

nice.
Heres what I made

Attached picture IMG_1756.jpeg
Attached picture IMG_1758.jpeg
Originally Posted by aether_tech
But a big thing for me is that 99% of my shooting is from a bench or table, and I don't want to lug around to much in the way of tripod or some other stand, I wanted something that could just fit right into the bag the Vortex came with and wouldn't add much weight overall.

So, anyone got any efficient, funky, or other setups you want to share?

If you really want to cut down on gear to lug around to range, just use sandbags with your angled scope. Assuming your range has stacks of sandbags, for members to use?

When digiscoping with an SLR camera was still a thing, it was not uncommon to remove the scope from the tripod and place it with camera attached on a photo shooting bag atop a solid object like a large rock. A solid shooting bench would work too.

A bagged scope can be surprisingly stable compared to even the best tripods. Actually quite a bit better in terms of vibration, if atop a solid object. Not as convenient for panning or adjustments though.
No sandbags at the ranges I go to.
Originally Posted by flagstaff
Heres what I made
Ah, I see a Triclops is here.
Originally Posted by huntsman22

That is is a bloody good idea.
Huntsman do those stored rifles point at your belly when you are shooting?
Yeah, but as you can see, the bolts are open......
I use an old brake drum with a $15 mallwart fluid head bolted on.
Heres what I made
Ah, I see a Triclops is here.

With my Marty Feldman eyes! Hahahaha

But actually, I glass with my binoculars, and if I see something that needs a closer inspection, I just turn my head and look through the spotter.
a good idea, bit bulky, but it seems effective in that regard.

Fair enough. Tabletop tripods are dirt cheap and readily available. I wouldn't go too crazy or spend much for that use. No need to overthink or reinvent the wheel.
I've tried a few cheap tabletop tripods, and returned them all.

All perfectly functional, but just not quite what I want.

I'll probably look into Manfrotto mini/tabletop tripods, a friend of mine who does a lot of photography swears by them.
Such a thing as overthinking schidt?
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Such a thing as overthinking schidt?

Very...vintage.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Heres what I made
flagstaff,
You should patent that invention! That is a GOOD idea...! I never thought of that.
Brittman
I also have the vintage Freeland stands one of which was given to me from a friend from scout sniper school in Viet Nam has the msn on it
Originally Posted by goalie

Hmm, there's a name I think I know.

But now, spill the beans on that clamp setup, the range, and how the mosquitoes are?

We think alike

Difference is, YOU aren't a brokedick.....
I don't do photos, but my setup is like goalie's. Some time ago I popped for a Sinclair bench stand like his. Made a couple of modifications. Added rubber to one of the clamping surfaces, and made an adjustable collar for the upright so the head doesn't slip down when loosened, also pivots. Also a QD mount for my scope(s). Has served me well.

As an aside, I envy some of the benches shown. Pet peeve of mine. I've belonged to and shot at various ranges over the years. Most of the benches pretty much suck. They are put together by some well intended old gunnies with some tools and building skills, but who aren't familiar with the finer points of bench shooting. So you get poor ergonomics, strained shooting positions, no way to position clamps, etc. Added to that, some get pissy when anybody criticizes them or suggests or makes changes. Status quo, egos. Right now I'm thinking seriously about making my own portable left hand rig. I no longer have the stomach for gun club politics.

Hmm, there's a name I think I know.

But now, spill the beans on that clamp setup, the range, and how the mosquitoes are?

The mosquito situation is dire.

The Sinclair clamp/stand and quick release is amazing.

Mine is just like that, but I added a split collar with thumb screw that goes under the head. Keeps the head from sliding down when the knob is loosened to pivot.

Glad I brought a case that was 20% bigger than what I estimated I needed. It was still almost to small. Left room for another accessory or two later (one of those scope cameras like the Tactacam or such would be nice, but they suck ... currently.)
JSTUART, I haven't hear of a Testiculopenile transplant as of yet. Just be sure the stored rifles are unloaded.
Got it used on another site.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/304910116446?hash=item46fe0f265e:g:ozgAAOSwDrNZXqQi&amdata=enc%3AAQAIAAAAwOuIzvcMwlUah%2Fkn4xfC17ln6j0LX7WfchKw50H1BoQefOiQze4EMSGlrvmRyy2jZOoL7XcrJVQkrRpPzWaIqYAZs7mfsOJ7nT4eXPM3yzRQmxoC%2FI%2BjWwniRlwtmZi6wZ5ExbU6ERo1%2FUyKo6tUt7SNhlOihhvwcTp05%2F5g6SAMhmKaN%2BSJ4l0dG1NfwimGh9VCAaluAZm0ErwUOFkcygNHACJlSGtx0meBk6xAV5oxsU6NFnGe3K2Kc%2F2l0e%2BOwQ%3D%3D%7Ctkp%3ABk9SR6i6usCuYg
$100 ....

meh....
Originally Posted by MOA
JSTUART, I haven't hear of a Testiculopenile transplant as of yet. Just be sure the stored rifles are unloaded.

And that has what to do with this?

I'm dedicated to RC2 plates for my Spotters and Camera Equipment(big whites). Mainly Manfrotto and Gitzo. Hint.

I couldn't formulate a situation,where Dog Schit "clamps" would be "viable". Hint...............
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I'm dedicated to RC2 plates for my Spotters and Camera Equipment(big whites). Mainly Manfrotto and Gitzo. Hint.

I couldn't formulate a situation,where Dog Schit "clamps" would be "viable". Hint...............

Fuji instead of Canon now, but Manfrotto and Gitzo stayed. All with RC2.
Cheap, and does what I want.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

That's because you're too short to use any bench

Your Whining Brokedick Schit Riggin' Insecurities are funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

Can only get to 1600yds here. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fortunately for you,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Albeit with stolen pics,while "living" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...........................

Used it today. It's awesome. If only you were tall enough to use a bench.

GFY and shove your "stop liking what I don't like"up your midget azz.
For context,wax eloquent on how many times a day you think about me,the durations of same and what I'm wearing. Then Whine some more on how Puberty slighted you and you can't even have your own mustache. Perhaps frost it nicely,how you are a Brokedick "living" vicariously and extoll even more very WELL founded Insecurities...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Have steel to 2000+ here. Hint.

If only because you can't afford your own hat and mine is LEGENDARY. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.......................
Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend and stolen Images are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

At least you can afford to "live" vicariously,as you greedily read my every word and gawk every Splendid Pixel,to escape being you if only for fleeting moments...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Bless your heart,you Whining Couchbound Kchunt. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
I'll never live vicariously through a fat bastard with 4 chins that needs a step ladder in the kitchen and who bought take off USMC stocks to larp.

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ˜
I am absolutely confused as to the content, concept, and context of the last few messages...
I am absolutely confused as to the content, concept, and context of the last few messages...

The dating game can be confusing for onlookers.
Typical Brokedick Blues from a Crying Couchbound Kchunt,lamenting how she can't afford a tripod,camera or McMillan stock...the "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Bless her heart.

Giotto's here,with Big White. Hint.

Bummer,that they literally broke the mould,as I only have a few. Hint.

Fortunately however,stealing pics,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so even she can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................

We have a resident azzhole that:

1. Is the self proclaimed "best" rifle shot ever
2. Can't stand other people doing anything different than "his way"
3. Avoids competition like the Bubonic plague
4. Thinks you need high BC bullets too shoot little deer at 75 yards.
5. Is a fat bastard with 4 chins that's allergic to cardio
6. Love China glass
7. Has a weird fixation with others financial situation
8. Always has to have the last word.

I probably shouldn't have egged on his copy-paste ranting, but the Sinclair bench mount is awesome if you're using a bench, and the mount easily switches to work on a tripod.

πŸ˜πŸ˜‰
Oh, and he's been copy-pasting the same pictures and insults for a decade.
I reckon it plum flattering,that Couchbound Brokedicks are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,as they "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Electronic Hurt Feeler Reports Filed Here

Kudos to your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities. Hint.

Fortunately however,stealing pics,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................
Oh, and he's been copy-pasting the same pictures and insults for a decade.

I reckon it plum flattering,that Couchbound Brokedicks are glued to my EVERY word and Splendid Pixel,as they "live" vicariously...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Electronic Hurt Feeler Reports Filed Here

Kudos to your very WELL founded and countless Insecurities. Hint.

Fortunately however,stealing pics,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

Told ya 😁
The vitual, virtuless shooter who gets a hell of a lot more "said" than done.

Ask about him in every forum online that booted his ass, other than the two such as this where he kisses the administrations asses so they look the other way.

Claims to be on top of the world, but in reality is a little miserable gnome.

Money can't buy family, virtue, decency, respect, admiration.

Proof is in the pudding
And, just so we're clear that Stick is a lying troll

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•
And, just so we're clear that Stick is a lying troll

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•πŸ–•

Goalie...you are trying too hard, let it be.
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Goalie...you are trying too hard, let it be.

Why do you care if I prove stick is a lying POS?

We all know how Stick works...when you roll around in the mud with him he enjoys it.

We all know how Stick works...when you roll around in the mud with him he enjoys it.
Again, why do you care if I'm showing him to be a lying POS?
Again, why do you care if I'm showing him to be a lying POS?

Have it your way...knock yourself out.

the only thing you are 'proving', is that you have a 'stick' hard on.....

He's a lying douche, and I'm happy to point it out. He behaves in a manner that's had him booted from every other shooting forum, and there's a bunch of people on here that are all too happy to jump on anyone that engages him in kind.

And, yeah, if he was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him. I'm kinda like that about people who attack my family.

πŸ˜‰

He's a lying douche, and I'm happy to point it out. He behaves in a manner that's had him booted from every other shooting forum, and there's a bunch of people on here that are all too happy to jump on anyone that engages him in kind.

And, yeah, if he was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him. I'm kinda like that about people who attack my family.

πŸ˜‰

Simple fix...turn off the computer.
Simple fix...turn off the computer.

Or, do whatever I want and treat the A-hole the same way he treats me.

But you feel free to turn off yours. πŸ˜‰
NOTHING is fhuqking funnier than a Professional Victim Crying The Blues...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Schit Riggin' and Hurt Feelers are all she can "afford" and the "contributions" are Estrogen fueled Emotions. Pardon wares that exist and the splendors associated. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!......................
Posting a credit score doesn’t β€˜prove’ anything, except that you let β€˜Stick get under your skin easily. Even outside of that context, it has no bearing on a person being a brokedick or not, or what they can or cannot afford.

I am absolutely dumbfounded by that response.
As typical, healthy thread appears, Big Stick enters & ruins it all.
The classic days were when he was in forum jail with a 2 post per day limit. Everyone would carpet bomb posts and watch him frantically go nuts deciding where to post.

Then he exchanged ***ual favors with the leadership, and caused the forum to go down the $hitter
Originally Posted by T_Inman
Posting a credit score doesn’t β€˜prove’ anything, except that you let β€˜Stick get under your skin easily. Even outside of that context, it has no bearing on a person being a brokedick or not, or what they can or cannot afford.

I am absolutely dumbfounded by that response.

The point was more the credit usage percentage than the score. And, yeah, 0% does actually mean something.

πŸ˜‰
Credit scores can go up into triple digits? 🀯
Pardon my being steeped in Spotters and Tripods,as you Crying Kchunts laude your Bumbling Brokedicktitude and fill out Hurt Feeler Reports. Perhaps you gals can unite your Estrogen Levels and start a Minimum Wage Board,where your Imagination and Pretend would perhaps get "some" traction and keep things "fair"...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm King of the World!

chortle coughing....lol
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm King of the World!

chortle coughing....lol

Olson for the win!
I'm King of the World!

chortle coughing....lol

Niiiiiiice
Jack and Goalie, cheers gentlemen!

Triple digit outside so I'm now comfortably inside our Rez shelter...lol
oh yea, that big stick guy

I just learned to [bleep] ignore him day 1.
Jack and Goalie, cheers gentlemen!

Triple digit outside so I'm now comfortably inside our Rez shelter...lol

Spent a lot of time on the lilypad with the kids yesterday, then they got the brilliant idea that I could tie the lilypad to the paddle board and drag them around......

I slept well. 😁

I realize a camera is MUCH too expensive for you,but your Brokedick schit pics are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Lily pads. Pardon the Splendor. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................
I realize a camera is MUCH too expensive for you,but your Brokedick schit pics are fhuqking HILARIOUS...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Lily pads. Pardon the Splendor. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

I can certainly see why he has a great big shit-eating grin on his face, an excellent endeavour.
We've had lots of laughs. Hint.

Coming full circle to Spotters,I couldn't get him on this Buck to either shoot or film it...so I simply killed it. Hint.

One of many reasons why I don't want a Spotter,less a reticle. Pardon the splendor. Hint.

Question, what is the go with the spikes on the boots...ice?
Corks are for Timber Travelin' and now she's gonna come unkchunted,when you ask her what she "does" for a "living",which mandates her being a Whining Brokedick. Hint.

Bless her heart for Cryin'. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!....................
I have not seen them used here.
This is what I have had for about 20 years. Compact and light. Decent glass. It was about $500-600 when I bought it all those years ago.

https://spottingscopes.name/bausch-lomb-15-45x60-61-1548p-elite-spotting-scope.htm
© 24hourcampfire