Home
Posted By: raghorn Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/29/07
I've been playing with a pair of Minox 10x52HG bino's and all I can say is THEY ARE GREAT!
Posted By: raghorn Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/29/07
If Doug has any of the ones marked in meters left, I'd jump on them if I was in the market for a decent set of eyes.
Posted By: HunterJim Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/29/07
raghorn,

I don't know of any glass difference between the meter and yard scale units. Anyway my 8X33 HGs are excellent too.

jim
Posted By: raghorn Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/29/07
Same glass better price.
He had meter marked demos for $550.00
I checked them out and thought they were awesome glass. If I did not already own Leica, that is what I would buy.
Posted By: bearstalker Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/30/07
I'd like to compare a set of Minox against my Zeiss Classics and see the results. From everything I've read and heard about the Minox, I wouldn't be suprised if it's superior glass.
Posted By: RickBin Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/30/07
Te new Minox HGs, especially the 10 and 8x52, are an out-of-this-world deal, even at full retail.

Rick
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/31/07
I've been impressed enough to order 3 HG's from Doug in the past 7 months...
Posted By: raghorn Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 03/31/07
I've had the Zeiss classics and the Minox 10x52 HG's are superior. Resolution is fantastic! Now if they are as durable as the classics? I would guess we may then have a new classic.
Posted By: Eremicus Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/01/07
I'm very curious as to how well the HG's compare to the new Pentax ED's. The Pentax binos have super hard coatings. Which means their optical qualities will hold up over time better. Perhaps much better. E
Posted By: Steelhead Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/01/07
Can't care..
Posted By: fishdoc Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/01/07
I bought an 8.5x52 HG and have one reservation. It has a very sensitive small eyebox. You must hold it dead center for a full image and it has little leeway. Maybe I will get used to this but when you need to be fast and get on a moving animal, this is distracting. fishdoc/
Posted By: cfran Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/01/07
Who cares for me as well. A friend just bought a set of HG's and they are excellent glass, period. Wouldn't do any good to compare them to a lesser set of Pentax. Rick B said the 32 HG's were superior to Nikon LXL's, can't think the Pentax would rate better.
Posted By: Sid Gray Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/02/07
I've always wondered what constitutes a "hard coating" and E's oft repeated "super hard coating".
Posted By: whiskygun Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/02/07
I purchased the Minox HG's (meter version) from Doug and I have to say I am very impressed. He hasn't let me down with any purchases. I tried them today right at dusk and I don't know how I ever managed without them. I can look through them with my glasses or contacts. I'm almost ashamed I never considered them before.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/02/07
Originally Posted by Sid Gray
I've always wondered what constitutes a "hard coating" and E's oft repeated "super hard coating".

"Super hard" is super harder.
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/02/07
BTW, recieved my HG 10x43's and I am blown away by them. No way were these ever taken out of the factory package.
Posted By: DanInAlaska Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/02/07
I also ordered a set of Doug's "meter" HG's. My 10x43's arrive quickly and in PERFECT condition. For $499, I doubt I can find better glass at a nicer price. Full retail at Sportsman's Warehouse is $829!

I compared them to my buddy's older Zeiss 10x40 Victorys. The top-of-the-line Zeiss are noticably better during low light conditions. The Minox lack the "wow" factor the Zeiss have at low light, but at 1/3 the price, I am very happy with the Minox.
Posted By: Eremicus Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/02/07
I don't have actual figures. But what it means to the consummer is that the optical qualities won't degrade over time nearly as quickly even from the best of care.
It isn't generally known, or even accepted, but every time you clean a lense, you put tiny, invisible to eye scratches in the soft coatings. Over time a binocular, or a rifle scope, will loose some of it's ability to transmit it's image and suffer from a loss of resolution as well. E
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/03/07
Originally Posted by Eremicus
I don't have actual figures.

We know.
Posted By: raghorn Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/03/07
Ya know what, this always picking on E stuff is getting a little old!
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/03/07
by his own words..
Posted By: Sid Gray Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/03/07
He is a target that is impossible to resist...lol
Posted By: raghorn Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/21/07
The more I use them the more I like them! Anyone else using the bino's?
Posted By: Jamie Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/21/07
I got a pair of 10X43 HG's this week. Tomorow will be thier first day in the woods. We'll see after I use them for a while.

Jamie
Posted By: Rancho_Loco Re: Minox HG's.are GREAT! - 04/21/07
I'm happier than a gopher in soft dirt.
© 24hourcampfire