Home
Posted By: azrancher Quigley Ford scopes - 08/11/23
Anybody tried them ? A friend just won one at a turkey banquet so I looked them up. Looked interesting but pricey.
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/11/23
If I remember correctly, the last time this brand name came up here was also from someone who won one at a similar dinner event. The commentary wasn’t good from what I remember. If the search function on this site actually worked I’d tell you to use it. But that brand name is so rare you might actually have success searching.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/11/23
I get a few of these through the store each deer season to be mounted and/or zeroed in. Every single one of them is from some sort of banquet or wildlife auction. There's one here as I type this waiting to be picked up. Everything about them screams Chinese junk, from the cheapy construction, to the flimsy box and minimal paperwork akin to $50 gun show scopes. There is no country of origin stamped on it that I can find but would be shocked if they were made anywhere other than P.R.C. I can't imagine anybody actually paying anywhere near the prices listed on their website.
Posted By: pete53 Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/11/23
that is the only place i have ever seen them is at banquet , not sure what to thing of them ?
Posted By: jd9770 Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
My brother won one a few years ago at a DU banquet. He had it set up for a 308. Shooting 165gr factory ammo. It’s ballistic reticle, has been consistent shooting 6” gongs to 500yds. He’s got a few deer with it. Long shot was 350yds It does seem cheaply built, mediocre glass and they provide minimal info with the scope. So far it’s held zero with no issues. As a set and forget I guess it’s ok, if you won it at a banquet.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
Looking at their website they are based in Canada and the guy running the operation seems deeply entrenched in the world of organizations and events. He seems an ardent self-promoter.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
Looked interesting but pricey.

Just another dressed up/overpriced chinese optic....
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
Originally Posted by cra1948
Looking at their website they are based in Canada and the guy running the operation seems deeply entrenched in the world of organizations and events. He seems an ardent self-promoter.

Yep. My bet is they are basically a shill company. They sell these scopes to the organizations CHEAP, advertise high retail prices to make the drunk bidders at banquets think they are bidding on a top shelf product, when in reality they are just a cheap Chinese POS with a lot of bling for gullible sh*t faced bidders who think bells & whistles equal quality.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
Originally Posted by SCGunNut
Originally Posted by cra1948

Yep. My bet is they are basically a shill company. They sell these scopes to the organizations CHEAP, advertise high retail prices to make the drunk bidders at banquets think they are bidding on a top shelf product, when in reality they are just a cheap Chinese POS with a lot of bling for gullible sh*t faced bidders who think bells & whistles equal quality.

Yeah, my thoughts too. “ardent self-promoter” is my kinder, gentler term for “flim-flam man.”
Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
Never heard of them. Looked them up and immediately thought they looked like cheap junk. But I've heard they come in the finest blister pack available.
Posted By: cumminscowboy Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
We should have formadillo drop test one
Posted By: TeeBone Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
The Quigley namesake seems a little weird.
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
You be the judge...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Posted By: 10Glocks Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
Nice instruction sheet. whistle
Posted By: AB2506 Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
Another name to be suspicious of is Scorpion.
Posted By: lotech Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/12/23
I've only seen one and used it briefly; it belonged to a friend. Seemed to be of decent quality, but I thought it very odd that it did not have a parallax ajustment and it was of reasonably high power, 10X or more.
Posted By: lotech Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/13/23
I'm not a YouTuber and seldom read alleged reviews that have anything to do with guns, etc. Anyone actually use one of these scopes enough that they can objectively comment on them? My friend owns one and has had it several years, but he has many scopes and I doubt he's used the Quigley enough to be able to say much about it. Comments on this forum aren't too favorable; that may be a good indication as to the quality.
Posted By: cra1948 Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/13/23
Originally Posted by TeeBone
The Quigley namesake seems a little weird.

According to the website, the guy's last name is Ford, and he's a great admirer of the Quigley Down Under character. Really.
Posted By: srwshooter Re: Quigley Ford scopes - 08/15/23
Randy ford owns the company and you can call them anyday of the week he usually will answer. My buddy has 3 of them that he got at RMEF banquets. He hunts all over the world snd has taken a few animals with these scopes. Last elk was with a 4x16 qf at 675 yds. I bought a tikka 7 mag off of him last year that had a 6.5 x 20 x50 quigley on it. The scope had a black speck in the lense. I called randy ford and he told me to distroy the scope and send him a picture of it so i cut it in half and sent him the picture. He replaced the scope with newest version and shipped it to me within 7 days. Great warranty. He claims these scope are chinese tubes and german glass. I still have the new scope in the box .that scope on the site is 2100.00. No way id pay that for it . I sold the rifle the bad scope was on dont have much in it so i may have try it out. They all come with custom 1000 yd reticals. All i know is they have a very good warranty.
© 24hourcampfire