Home
If you've tried one of these from Athlon what did think of it?
I wish I could tell you my opinion but after 3 weeks of SWFA not shipping it I told them to keep it. I did emailAthlon before ordering and asked if it was a 1” version of the Helos and they said that it was.
I have one with the AHMC reticle. I put it on a M77 Ruger .243 sporter barrel mainly for varmints, mostly coyotes.

It is fairly compact, and fits the rifle well. However the illuminated dot reticle seems quite bold, more than what I would like for smaller targets. Website says 0.7 MOA. Seems like it would be better suited for big game. Although, it is capable of shooting pretty tight groups, in spite of my misgivings.

It is SFP, BTW.
Posted By: erich Re: Athlon Argos HMR 2-12x 42mm - 10/13/23
I have three, 2 BDC and an illuminated dot. All on coyote hunting rifles. They are near perfect for calling coyotes. Nice FOV for close in stuff and enough X' s to reach out when needed. I have the BDCs on more open country rifles and the ill. dot on one I use for closer in stuff. I've been a big fan of the 1.5-6x40 scopes for predators but have been moving towards the 2-12s.
Originally Posted by 260madman
I wish I could tell you my opinion but after 3 weeks of SWFA not shipping it I told them to keep it. I did emailAthlon before ordering and asked if it was a 1” version of the Helos and they said that it was.

Watch for Doug's sales, especially around the holidays. That's how I got mine on sale.

https://cameralandny.com
Originally Posted by local_dirt

Watch for Doug's sales, especially around the holidays. That's how I got mine on sale.

https://cameralandny.com

We are running an Athlon Sale running now
Isn’t one a FFP and the other a SFP?
How good is the eye relief?
I’ve got two, I’ve not used them a ton but enough. Never noticed the eye relief which is honestly probably the best compliment.
© 24hourcampfire