Home
Posted By: tomme boy Arken with Jap glass - 11/09/23
Anyone have one of the new SH-4J 6-24X50mm FFP with the jap glass? Was wondering how much if any difference they are compared to the other.

Thinking about getting one soon.

And I don't want to hear about your vortex or Leopold or any other scope that you think is better.
Posted By: ldholton Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/09/23
Hoping someone with experience with noth will chime in ..
Posted By: javman Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/10/23
Thought Big Stick would chime in since he posted a pic some time back with several he bought!
Posted By: Ackman Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/11/23
Originally Posted by tomme boy
Anyone have one of the new SH-4J 6-24X50mm FFP with the jap glass? Was wondering how much if any difference they are compared to the other.

Thinking about getting one soon.

And I don't want to hear about your vortex or Leopold or any other scope that you think is better.

Get the EPL 4 6-24. Weighs about 13oz less than the SH4J and has a 30mm tube instead of 34mm...... you can use Burris 30mm Signature rings. Optics are very good and I believe it's Jap glass.. At the discounted price right now it's a no-brainer.
Posted By: huntsman22 Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/11/23
It's only a no-brainer if ya don't want the extra elevation the SH affords......
Posted By: ldholton Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/11/23
I think the real question is comparing the Japanese glass compared to the Chinese glass...
Posted By: tomme boy Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/11/23
The EPL is more expensive than the SH-4J scope. Unless I am missing something?
Posted By: ldholton Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/11/23
EPL is what I have , but still curious how the Japanese glass stacks up to the I guess Chinese class
Posted By: Ackman Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/11/23

Yep, the EPL is priced now, both hugely discounted, tabout what, $30 more than the SH4? BFD. The extra elevation means nothing to me. I have the earlier SH4 and it has very nice glass. Also have several EPL 4 and like them very much. Comparing the EPL with a Zeiss 6-24 at all distances on different things from 88yds to over 1 mile, I could tell no difference in glass qualiry and sent the Zeiss back.....the Zeiss costs 3X as much.
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: Arken with Jap glass - 11/11/23
Just a heads up, we just got this e-mail from Arken:

"Black Friday is around the corner, here's an important note from us. Starting November 24th, 2023, our prices will be undergoing an adjustment, moving upwards.

Here's the good news - for the next 13 days, you still have the opportunity to grab our top-quality gear at the existing prices. It's the perfect time to make your move and secure what you need.

Don't stress about missing out; we've got you covered with timely reminders. Ensure you take advantage of our current pricing while it lasts!"

Check out all Arken Products at the current Sale Pricing and we will get your orders on the way to you.
© 24hourcampfire