Home
Posted By: JustLucky Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
Can someone fill me in on the Monstrum scopes? I never heard of them before I bought a rifle with a Monstrum rail, then bought Monstrum rings. Both had a built in level which I thought was pretty cool.

I put a hunting zeiss scope on a bergara, but am wondering about using it for long range. That is why I am asking about a Monstrum scope.
Posted By: TBS Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
There's a ton of influencers and reviews on YouTube.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
Junk.
Posted By: JustLucky Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
Okay, thanks. It answers my question.
Posted By: jimmyp Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
Its always smart to buy the biggest POS that you can to put on a rifle that has to hit something about to hit you, or bite you, or a game animal that you want to eat. Why just a few months a go I watched a dude spend several hours sighting in his AR at 15 yards with some high quality $100 optic. I bet he fired several hundred rounds at the target. He ran out of ammo and did not get it sighted in, I was thinking, there goes the top Mensa member here in Alabama, spending the difference in ammo just so's he could buy a cheap scope.
Posted By: Calvin Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
I use the $12.99 Amazon Monstrum scope rings. So far they seem fine.
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
Never heard of them
Posted By: JakeM78 Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
Originally Posted by Calvin
I use the $12.99 Amazon Monstrum scope rings. So far they seem fine.

Pictures or it never happened.
Posted By: JustLucky Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
I never heard of them either. I plan on using the zeiss terra 2x7 i think, normally. The rings and bracket by monstrom have built in levels. That does impress me. My other rifle wears a zeiss comquest 3x9.

I couldn’t sight in a rifle before I got the Leupold bore sighter ghat is obsolete now. Now it’s not hard.

I thought that maybe their scopes were maybe the up and coming thing …..
Posted By: Hogwild7 Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/10/24
You can buy 700 dollar scopes that won't work right out of the box too. Just more likely to happen with the cheap ones. But you can get a really cheap one sometimes that works well.
Posted By: erich Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/11/24
I use a number of Monstroms rings, their QDs work well for me. Never tried their scopes, I just saw them advertised just recently.
Posted By: Tyrone Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Never heard of them
Well, you are just an idiot because you aren't plugged into the airsoft community! /sarc laugh
Posted By: SDHNTR Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/11/24
Why? With so many known good options, why even consider Chinese junk?
Posted By: mibowhunter Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/11/24
Originally Posted by Tyrone
Originally Posted by mibowhunter
Never heard of them
Well, you are just an idiot because you aren't plugged into the airsoft community! /sarc laugh

Well Damn.... laugh
Posted By: JustLucky Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/18/24
I want to thank everyone for their ideas. I will act upon them accordingly.
Posted By: mathman Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/18/24
Originally Posted by JustLucky
I never heard of them either. I plan on using the zeiss terra 2x7 i think, normally. The rings and bracket by monstrom have built in levels. That does impress me. My other rifle wears a zeiss comquest 3x9.

I couldn’t sight in a rifle before I got the Leupold bore sighter ghat is obsolete now. Now it’s not hard.

I thought that maybe their scopes were maybe the up and coming thing …..

I wouldn't take their accuracy for granted.
Posted By: JustLucky Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/19/24
That is why I am asking?

What’s a Campfire’Bwana ??
Posted By: RicG Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/19/24
Why support our Chinese Communist enemies?
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/19/24
Ask Stick , He is the Guru of chinese [bleep]
They have increased in price quite a bit since I started buying them. Like most really good products people discover them and that drives the price up. I have a SH series, an EP series and an EP LPVO. All of them have been well worth the money. That said I think the most I paid was $349 (with mount and caps etc). I like them better than my Vortex scopes if that tells you anything.
Posted By: jc189 Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/20/24
I have never tried there scopes.

But I have set up a couple of hunting rifles using there rings. A friend of mine and his son were wanting me to put together a 30 06 and a 270 on a budget for them. The Monstrum rings worked well with no problems. I was surprised to see that they looked like very nice rings for the price.
Posted By: iddave Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/21/24
Fixed SWFA scopes are cheap. Burris FF scopes are cheap. Yet lots of people swear by them.

Jesus H some of you guys are such obvious d-bags. The man asked a question. Maybe skip the [bleep] lecture and give him some feedback on said scope...unless you have no knowledge or experience...which is 99% of the respondents.

Yeah, I see the irony in my own post.

Dave
Posted By: WAM Re: Monstrum scopes - 03/22/24
Big Tick will be along shortly to tell us how good they are and post a picture of one with a dead trout. Hint…
Posted By: gmwahl Re: Monstrum scopes - 04/02/24
My son bought a couple of the G2 FFP 3-18x50 scopes off of Amazon.

He put one on his 6.5 grendel and the other on his Savage axis in 30-06. Both look pretty good looking through them and both track reasonably well and return to zero. The grendel has about 500 rounds through it with this scope and the '06 has about 200 rounds. Both have held zero and are serving him well. I've shot both and put about 20 rounds through each. I've considered buying one for my .450 Bushmaster, but my only complaint is that they both have a 1MOA center dot in the center of the cross hair and it makes it difficult to be extremely precise.

I would say that they seem every bit as good as my Vortex scopes in clarity and tracking, but better priced than Vortex when comparing features.

My son in law bought a couple of the guardian series scopes for a couple of his ARs, and his work well and seem clear as well. Both have held zero after at least 500 to a 1000 rounds each and he has had no problems. Clarity on those seem equivalent to the Vortex Crossfire 2 and I like the reticle better than the G2 Monstrums because it is seems to have a less than 1/2 MOA center dot.

Mike
Posted By: 5sdad Re: Monstrum scopes - 04/02/24
Name sounds like one of those words made up by the Catholic Church.
© 24hourcampfire