Home
Posted By: 338rcm Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/14/24
https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/1045745657
Posted By: SCGunNut Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/14/24
A couple of poor bastards have come into the store with those wanting them mounted. The hard truth never sits well with them.
Posted By: alwaysoutdoors Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/14/24
How many do you have?
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/15/24
There's a dealer on ebay doing the same -- and he KNOWS it is a fake as I politely pointed it out to him over a week ago.

Honesty is obviously not his strong suit LOL.

dishonest seller
Posted By: himmelrr Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/15/24
I told the seller it was a fake. He said he would verify SN with Zeiss, otherwise he said the listing is staying up.
Posted By: AKwolverine Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/15/24
Originally Posted by himmelrr
I told the seller it was a fake. He said he would verify SN with Zeiss, otherwise he said the listing is staying up.

The seller ended it.
Posted By: gsganzer Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/15/24
It's not even a good attempt of counterfeiting. Not just the scope, but the box graphics too. But I guess if you've never seen one up close, you'd never be the wiser.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/15/24
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
How many do you have?
??
Originally Posted by BobbyTomek
There's a dealer on ebay doing the same -- and he KNOWS it is a fake as I politely pointed it out to him over a week ago.

Honesty is obviously not his strong suit LOL.

dishonest seller

Did he admit to knowing they are fake? Send ebay the item number and the date/time of the messages. They'll read your conversation and stop him from cheating anyone else.
Posted By: BobbyTomek Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/15/24
Yep...he said he'd "put in on a rifle since it's a nice optic." A week later, it was still up. So I messaged again and was told it's none of my business.

I reported it to ebay and got this reply: "We looked into your report and didn’t find the listing to be in violation of our policy. This determination was made by a customer service agent."

Ebay does not care as long as they get their fees.
Posted By: local_dirt Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/16/24

He's fulla schit. He knows full will it's a fake.

PS- Zeiss doesn't make AO's like that.
Posted By: Jason280 Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/16/24
That's a shame, someone will eventually get suckered into it...
Posted By: KenMi Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/16/24
Wonder how much the seller on Gunbroker paid for that chink POS from the estate? LOL
Posted By: KenMi Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/16/24
I told him I'd buy the box for $2, and he can throw the scope in the trash. Doubtful a response will come.
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/17/24
I wonder if an email to Zeiss with a picture would help. Zeiss might not take that stuff too kindly.
Posted By: Deere_Man Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/17/24
Wonder how well it holds zero?
Posted By: PaulBarnard Re: Zeiss Deal (fake) - 04/21/24
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

The seller ended it.

He ended it right after I sent him a message.

"You have been told by a number of people that the scope is a fake. If you cared to exercise diligence, it'd be easy for you to see. By continuing to list the item you are engaging in fraud, and defrauding someone for that amount of money may rise to the level of a felony."
© 24hourcampfire