Home
Posted By: Ken14 Bushnell Elite 4200 opinions - 01/06/08
Found a good deal on a Bushnell Elite 4200 3x9 ..anyone use them? pro's or cons?? they are a touch less expensive than the Leupold VX-ll series..thanks in advance for the input.
It's a terrific scope and a phenomenal value. Made in Japan, fully multicoated optics, Rainguard (which works as advertised), and really one of the best scopes on the market at any price. They used to be Bausch and Lomb. The 4200's are not some low end Bushnell scope. You cannot go wrong with one.
A bit heavy and less eye releif than the Leupold, but very clear. I really like them.
I have 4 of the 3-9's and about 10 other 4200's and 4-5 3200's. These are among a bunch of VX-II's VX-III's, conquests, monarch's meostars,etc and they really hold their own.

The seem to be very tough and are very bright and make a nice scope on a hunting rifle.

the 3x9 4200 is the best value in scopes right now
Great scopes, very clear, repeatable, and tough.
I have seen a couple of reference to the 3x9 4200 having some super discounted prices - can anyone direct me to someone that is selling them at a discounted (sale) price?

Yes, the 4200 series are great scopes - do a comparison against some high-end scopes, I think you will be impressed, I was.

Drover
Get the 3x9x40 4200 quickly, they are discontinued. Probably best deal for the money available anywhere.

Posted By: 65BR Re: Bushnell Elite 4200 opinions - 01/10/08
Ken14, the 3200 3-10x40mm is a good option for a short action, had one, could not tell it from a 4200 series, eye relief was improved to 3.7" and great optics. Owned many elites and no complaints, great optics.
My friend has one with the "Firefly" reticle and the same "Rainguard" treatment they all have.

In a rainstorm, the difference between his scope and my Leupolds, Burris's, Weavers, Redfields - is DRAMATIC.

His being much better in the rain - than anything I own.

I have a 50mm obj with the illuminated dot. It is good glass. The eye relief is not the best but on a .270 it is more than enough...
So what's a good price for the 3-9x40?
Originally Posted by RecoilRob
So what's a good price for the 3-9x40?

OpticsPlanet.com has them for $239. That is unbelievable. I might just grab one to use on a rifle in the future.
Posted By: Ken14 Re: Bushnell Elite 4200 opinions - 01/11/08
Found one on ebay NIB for $233.00 + 9.00 to ship..
Originally Posted by Ken14
Found one on ebay NIB for $233.00 + 9.00 to ship..

make sure they send the warantee card info with it or you'll be screwed. i would buy from a reputable place like opticsplanet for the small diferance in price and be safe. my .02
Posted By: Ken14 Re: Bushnell Elite 4200 opinions - 01/11/08
warranty card and all paperwork, box sealed....not screwed..
Actually Optics Planet is cheaper, 239.95, free shipping.
I think I might buy one, just to have it.
I have 2 B&L 4200 elites,best scope out there for the money IMHO.coobie
Posted By: cr500 Re: Bushnell Elite 4200 opinions - 01/16/08
My 6-24x40 is pretty good apart from the limited adjustment range. The 2.5x10x50 illuminated reticle has been an absolute dog though. The first scope was repeatedly sent back because it had 6-8" of parralax error at 100yd which they refused to believe was a problem, it was withing specs according to them. After much hastling, I got sent another one, which didnt have as much parralax error, but the illuminated reticle was extremely small and dim, nothing like the one on the first scope. This too went back, but, no they said it was within specs. I wont be getting another Bushnell after the treatment I got. They might be good while they are working, but if they have a problem, dont expect any warranty service.
cr500,

Do you still have that scope?

$bob$

For Bushnell optics it's almost impossible to beat www.theopticzone.com prices and they are starting to get the new 6500's in NOW!

$bob$
Originally Posted by LDHunter

For Bushnell optics it's almost impossible to beat www.theopticzone.com prices and they are starting to get the new 6500's in NOW!

$bob$

In this instance, OpticZone is $265 plus shipping for the same scope.
WOW! That's the first time I've seen their Bushnell prices beat.

$bob$
In general, more weight and less eye relif/smaller eye box than Leupold's. But first class optics and first class rep for being reliable and tough. E
E,

The eye relief is the same as the Leupolds on all the new Bushnells.

$bob$
OOps.... I forgot to mention that the Bushnells have CONSTANT eye relief though.

$bob$
© 24hourcampfire