Home
Posted By: Boyd45 Old Redfield wide view scope - 01/13/08
I have a 1 3/4 x 5 power variable Redfield scope with a post reticle. This model was made prior to click adjusments, and there is no indication as to how much each gradation moves the reticle at 100 yd. Anybody have one of these? Thanks.
Got an old 6X Redfield Widefield in front of me . Says 1/4 inch per graduation at 100 inside the cap.
284LUVR: Thanks. Looked inside the cap, but nothing. I will use the 1/4 inch gradation and check it at the range. David
I have the same scope only with duplex reticle. Bought in 1979. The insides went crazy in early '80's and sent it back to Denver. They fixed it for nothing and it was better than new but I always have a hard time adjusting it on centerfires. I just keep it on a Marlin 39-A now and it works OK for that. First real scope I ever bought. Brimfish
The 1.75-5 has half-inch graduations. Certainly fine enough for a hunting scope.

Ted
Irregardless, their generally fine scopes. Had one myself. Wish I'd kept it when I sold the rifle.
Posted By: DMB Re: Old Redfield wide view scope - 01/14/08
The Denver Redfields were very good scopes.

Don
Yukoner: Thanks for the information. David
I have a Redfield Widefield 3X9 that was purchased in the early to mid 80's before Redfield went belly-up. The turrents on it held by friction and each mark on the turrent represents 1/2 MOA. Really it is a guess how much the POI moves when sighting-in and I quit using it for this reason. The scope is still very clear and fog-free and otherwise perfectaly servicable. I should sell it rather than let it collect dust.
Posted By: djs Re: Old Redfield wide view scope - 01/16/08
I bought a number of (Denver) Redfields in the 1960-1985 time frame. They are indeed very good scopes and possibly better at one time than Leupold (IMO), or at least their reputation was equal or better. Excellent optics (for the time), excellent customer service, and very durable -- they just last and keep giving service.

Currently, I have two 2.5X, two 4X, two (2x7X), one 6x18X and one 1.75x5X. They all work well and the lenses are clear. Of course, they lack today's better optics and multi-coated lenses, but I like them.
© 24hourcampfire