Home
Posted By: WinModel70 Meopta or Swarovski? - 10/31/08
I was told that Meopta makes glass for Swarovski. Is this true?
Posted By: JBabcock Re: Meopta or Swarovski? - 10/31/08
I don't know if that's true, but I can't see much difference optically....
Posted By: FrankD Re: Meopta or Swarovski? - 10/31/08
No, not that I am aware of. They do make the glass for one of the Zeiss line of scopes though from what I remember.

It is an easy assumption to make though considering the optical similarities between the Meostar line of binoculars and that of the SLC and EL...

..plus that green rubber armor. wink
Posted By: crittergetter Re: Meopta or Swarovski? - 10/31/08
Ask Doug at Camera land he might know.
Posted By: SPH300wsm Re: Meopta or Swarovski? - 10/31/08
For the money, I'd go with Meopta. The basic Swaro goes for over $1K in catalogs right now. The Meopta can be had for about half that, and there really ain't a bit of difference in clarity.

Also, Meopta's warranty is about as simple as it gets: If anything goes wrong with it, return it where you bought it and that retailer will give you a new one.
Posted By: KevinPurcell Re: Meopta or Swarovski? - 10/31/08
Given that Swarovski are a glass manufacturer, I think not.

The glass making came first (along with the lead crystal stuff that glitters in the mantlepiece) then came the bins (something with a premium price to make with their glass) and their other businesses.

As came up recently on Birdforum they also make glass for reflective road signs and paints. Imaging driving over a Swarovski wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swarovski
Posted By: 5Rrifling Re: Meopta or Swarovski? - 11/01/08
Its been said that MeOpta makes the glass for the Conquest line. But I dont know if thats correct...

If you have the money buy Swarovski, If you have a tight budget get a MeOpta.

© 24hourcampfire