Home
Posted By: Mark R Dobrenski Premier and Leos...? - 03/31/09
Anyone here know if Premier is, or is not putting their dotz in Leupolds these days?

Thx
Dober
Posted By: 65BR Re: Premier and Leos...? - 03/31/09
Mark, I don't know if Premier was bought out or paid off by Leupold, or under contract, but to my knowledge they will not work on Leupolds any longer. Someone else may have more info.
I figured that was still the deal.

Think I'll be sending a scope to TK Lee for some dot work in the next bit here.

Dober
Posted By: iddave Re: Premier and Leos...? - 03/31/09
Dober,

Any reason you wouldn't go directly to Leupold? I thought they could produce about any reticle you'd ever want.
Posted By: battue Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/01/09
Friend used to use Premier on just about all his Leupolds for custom reticle additions. They have refused to work on them for at least a couple years now.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/01/09
A couple years ago Premier Reticles quit working on customer supplied Leupold scopes but they would sell you an entire scope with their reticle. Now that they have come out with their own line of scopes they wont even touch a Leupold scope.
Their new scope line is called the "Heritage" with 3-15x50 and 5-25x56 model's starting at an MSRP of $2900 !!!!!!!!!
B
Posted By: hydro556 Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/02/09
Likely because they want their reticules only in their scopes. Dont blame them.
Posted By: hydro556 Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/02/09
Originally Posted by boatanchor
A couple years ago Premier Reticles quit working on customer supplied Leupold scopes but they would sell you an entire scope with their reticle. Now that they have come out with their own line of scopes they wont even touch a Leupold scope.
Their new scope line is called the "Heritage" with 3-15x50 and 5-25x56 model's starting at an MSRP of $2900 !!!!!!!!!
B

Lots of scopes cost $2900 but Premier Heritage 3-15's can be had for far less. I have one on the way.
Posted By: boatanchor Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/02/09
Originally Posted by hydro556
Originally Posted by boatanchor
B

Lots of scopes cost $2900 but Premier Heritage 3-15's can be had for far less. I have one on the way.

Actually there is not that many scopes that MSRP for $2900, you would be a fool to pay full price (have you ever bought a new car for full sticker in the window), but when the starting price is this high you know it will be spendy and for that much scratch I think I would buy a March instead.
B
Posted By: 65BR Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/02/09
Wow, and I thought new Leica's coming out were high ! I'll call Madoff or Obama for some Stimulus money first.
Posted By: DakotaDeer Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/02/09
Will Leupie create a reticle for you, or are you confined to simply adjusting their dots up or down a bit?
Posted By: hydro556 Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/03/09
They offer tons of custom work. Including lots of BDC's. Leupie is a great company.
Posted By: leftycarbon Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/03/09
The owner passed away...not sure who is running it now, but they will not work on Leupolds.

LC
Posted By: hydro556 Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/05/09
Premier is still run by the same family. They have introduced a tactical/target scope that is rapidly claiming a large portion of that market. The reviews are excellent with many well trusted sources using that "B" word when describing the quality of the Heritage glass. I am currently awaiting one of their newly released "2nd" generation Heritage 3-15's with a double turn elevation turret.
Posted By: DMB Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/05/09
Originally Posted by dwc5050
Dober,

Any reason you wouldn't go directly to Leupold? I thought they could produce about any reticle you'd ever want.

Exactly. I have been using Leupold dots and quite honestly like them, from 1/8 min target dots to hunting dots.
Posted By: VarmintGuy Re: Premier and Leos...? - 04/06/09
Mark: I know a fellow who installs crosshairs in several brands of scopes. He designed the high power scopes for the Leupold company. He boosts powers and installs custom reticles. Some with dots.
Unfortunately IIRC he can NOT then re-weatherproof the Leupold!
This works out on nice day shooters scopes like BR types but not for Big Game or inclement weather useages.
What are you looking to do with the scope in question?
If its for Big Game useages I would not let anyone touch that scope but Leupold & Stevens Company - period.
If its for target work or sunny day Varminting I may have the answer for you.
Hold into the iwnd
VarmintGuy
© 24hourcampfire