Home
So I've finally decided to get serious about building a "tacti-cool" 308 bolt gun. It'll be a Remington 700 in a McMillan with a Badger magazine system and all the cool bells and whistles.

My question here regards rings; specifically, as between Seekins Precision and Badger Ordnance which do you prefer and why? Is there a brand of rings other than these two I should be looking at?

Scope is yet to be determined, but will have a 30mm tube.
I prefer Seekins to Badgers. Less weight, cleaner look, cheaper.

If you have the funds, looking into Night Force scopes.
I've had my eye on several models of that Nightforce makes; but, living thirty minutes from Leupold headquarters makes me lean Leupy on most things. But that's a choice for 2010 grin Right now I'm accumulating all the little parts I can sneak in without major expenditure...
You really can't go wrong with either. I've got some of both, and they are top shelf.
I prefer Badger outta those 2. If you want the best rings in my opinion, try a set from Near Mfg. His rings are flawless!!!!

www.scopebases.com
I went with Seekins on the build for my 300 Rummy. I chose the alloy rings and a 20 moa base for my build. I am satisfied in every way with my choice.

Here's a picture of the drivers seat of my rifle.

[Linked Image]

I like the Seekins the best, I own both

[Linked Image]
I have two sets of Badgers and they are robust to say the least.

Make sure and get the 20 minute base!

You know...

The SWFA super sniper has 120 minutes of internal travel; the 10 power that is...

MOST amazing!
© 24hourcampfire