Home
Could you please post some pics???
not a 2-7, I have a 3x9x42, if that has any interest I could post a picture.
Here is a Kahles 2-7 - 36.

The eyepiece is about the same diameter as a Leo but much longer.

[Linked Image]
Pre-64 M-70 in 9,3x62:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's twin is in progress:

[Linked Image]

.........................DJ
Ooohhh! DJ,those are a bit too nice....! grin

What is the caliber of the second one...same thing?
[Linked Image]

Terry
Terry: Cripes! will you guys stop with these beautiful customs already......I can't concentrate on the scopes! smile
Bobin the second rifle is a 7x57. Thought they would make a nice Metric Pair for Africa someday.

- I need to get back busy on finishing it!..............DJ
DJ: Sweet combo!.....the scopes are nice,too!
I have no experience with the 2-7X36 Kahles, but have owned and used a fair number(7) of the 3-9X42 and 3.5-10X AH Kahles scopes.
I really like them, very sturdy, the elevation and windage adjustments are spot-on and the clarity is, to my eyes, excellent.

I don't currently own a Kahles 2-7x36 AH but did own one. I ended up selling mine to replace it with the same scope in the 3-9x42 configuration.

These scopes are very nice: bright, crystal clear and durable in my experience. I found that the eye relief on the 2-7x was a bit more critical at the upper end of the magnification range than the 3-9x. That is the only reason I sold the 2-7x. It is a great scope and I wouldn't hesitate to purchase another Kahles in that power range if another scopeless rifle were to show up at my door.

I also owned a Swarovski AV 3-10x42 but sent it down the road. My opinion is that the Kahles is a more ruggedly built scope than the Swarovski.

Leftybolt

Originally Posted by djpaintless
Pre-64 M-70 in 9,3x62:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's twin is in progress:

[Linked Image]

.........................DJ

Oh my goodness. DJ- SWEET!
I've got one on a Rem M673 350 Rem Mag guide gun. Mine has a German #4 and I love it. It tucks perfectly behind the open sight riding on Talley LW 1-pc rings/bases. I'll try to snap a pic and post it later.

Only think I don't like about the Kahles is that the warranty is not transferrable from the original purchaser....or at least that's the way I read it. Hopefully it's different now.

I would LOVE to see a pic of that one - Thanks!

I'll get a pic tomorrow night or over the weekend.

Here's a pic. I just put this rifle up for sale in the classifieds.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If that scope goes for sale also, shoot me a PM. That's exactly what I'd be looking for with the #4 reticle...
I have a Kahles 3-9 x 42 CL with side focus on my Anschutz 1710
and I love the clarity and SF down to 30 yards.

[Linked Image]
Here's one on a Weatherby .338/06 A-Sq. I can't think of a better piece of glass for a rifle in the mid-range class. This one has the #4 reticle.

[Linked Image]
Great scope but the eye piece is to large and does not lock so it can move. I don't like that on a hunting scope.

K7Man....Just sold the scope with the Remington 270. Sorry about that.

Originally Posted by highridge1
Great scope but the eye piece is to large and does not lock so it can move. I don't like that on a hunting scope.

Took it out several times and never had a problem with that. On the focus adjustment, I mark it with a silver Sharpie and check it right before I go out.

© 24hourcampfire