Home
Posted By: gddir [[u]b]ARMSPORT ???[/b][/u] - 05/15/10
I,m at a local flea market this morning, and run across an "ARMSPORT 4X32, Japanese scope. No big deal, until I look thru it--OMG--somethings got to be wrong, because this is the clearest glass I've seen in along time,,and I have some high dollar scopes. Has a "fine"cross hair reticule (not spider web like my Leupy BR's) but close. Eye piece has good adjustments ,W/ lock ring. Has what looks to be an old set of Bueller rings attached (not for micro-groove)on a 1" tube. Now having said all that, I realize I haven't found some priceless, long lost gem. I've just never heard of this particular brand of scope--and am wondering if it would stand up on a .308 that is currently "eyeless". Thanks--its a slow day.
Posted By: jim62 Re: [[u]b]ARMSPORT ???[/b][/u] - 05/15/10
Armsport imported Italain and Spanish guns in the 1970s through the 1990, I believe.

I think most of their scopes were made in the 1970s. They are comparable to a japanese Tasco of that era.
Posted By: iambrb Re: [[u]b]ARMSPORT ???[/b][/u] - 05/15/10
Theya re OK at best. they are really not reliable. Back int he day, they sold for $15. I have a had a few and they were OK. I saw alot of people bring theminto the only gunsmithing shop around because they thought there was something worng with thier rifle and it runed out to be the scope. The varialbles are class-A POS. If you shop them they are available on ebay for less than $10 delivered.
© 24hourcampfire