Home
Posted By: deflave Leupold Turrets - 06/14/10
Can somebody explain to me the difference between the M1, Field Clicks and the Target Turrets?

I have a scope I'm wanting to send off for an install and for the life of me I cannot find this info on their site. I also can't find my GD Leupold catalog...

Thanks in advance.

Travis
Posted By: heavywalker Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/14/10
https://customshop.leupold.com/custom_shop.php

Not much difference in functionality between the M1 and the TT. Target turrets are taller and slimmer and come with a turret cap giving you the option to use them with or without. M1 turrets are exposed a little shorter and a little fatter. Not sure on the field click but I think they are just a standard adjustment knob with a ridge on the top of them making it easier to adjust the scope.

You can check out he custom shop in the link above and pick different turrets to put on your scope to see what they look like. In the end they all do the same thing just boils down to what you want.

Posted By: MontanaMarine Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/14/10
The field clicks are low and fit under the standard issue turret cap. No pic, but I didn't care for them.

CDS is a low exposed turret.

Target Turrets with covers on/off. 1/4 moa per click, numbered every three moa, index every 1/4 moa:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

M1 turrets, 1/4 moa per click, numbered every 1 moa, 1/4 moa indexes:
[Linked Image]
Posted By: Azshooter Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/14/10
I'll take a crack at it...

Both style turrets use 1/4 MOA movements. The target turret doesn't mark every MOA with a number while the M1 does.

See pic

[Linked Image]

M1 turret has larger diameter top with bumpy knobs. The M1 doesn't have a cover while the target turrets do.

First pic with M1 turret, second pic with target turret with cap installed

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I saw no one had answered this...then I post to find I am a bit late.

Anyway you now have plenty of pictures and explanations.
Posted By: deflave Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/14/10
Thank you sirs.

I think I like the M1 more better. The no cap thing may take some getting used to though.

Travis
Posted By: Calvin Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/15/10
I like the M1 too, but the CDS is growing on me.
Posted By: deflave Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/15/10
Thanks Calvin. Leupold says it's $90.00. I need to get this [bleep] in the mail this week.

Travis
Posted By: cal74 Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/15/10
I just had a CDS put on a VX3 4.5-14, haven't tried it yet though. Will be on a SPS .257 Weatherby

89.00 bucks

(Not the best pic, taken from my phone)

[Linked Image]
Posted By: deflave Re: Leupold Turrets - 06/15/10
Thanks cal.

Travis
© 24hourcampfire