Home
Posted By: cutNshoot Simmons vs Tasco - 07/01/10
Is there any difference in quility in these 2 brands?
Posted By: GregW Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/01/10
One sucks, the other sucks more.

That's about the only difference...
Posted By: mjbgalt Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/01/10
yeah, one is like a turd on a hot day. the other is like a turd on a cold day. both are turds, just look different.

bushnell, leupold, nikon. smile
Posted By: jdm953 Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/01/10
I have one Simmons that was on a winchester when I bought it.I still have it somewhere.Pitiful is a good word for it.
Posted By: hillbillybear Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/01/10
Both are the Chinese word for Piece of ________________
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/01/10
schitt and schittier
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/01/10
C'mon, they surely aren't great scopes but the Simmons Aetec's were pretty decent and so were the Tasco Euroclass'

Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
More one post drivel and drive-by trolling by cutNshoot.

Go figure.......
Posted By: nsaqam Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
Is that his MO VA?
Posted By: VAnimrod Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
Do a little search. Hit his user name, and go "view posts".

Educational, that.
Posted By: cutNshoot Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
Do you want the job or not?
Posted By: MagMarc Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
Ken,
I had an Aetec when Larry W wash pushing them on TV. It went 5 rounds on a 300 Win before the reticle broke. I gave it to a friend who sent it in. It was repaired and he put it on a hard recoiling Rem 597, it lasted less than 100 rounds on it.
Posted By: Ringman Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
cutNshoot,

I have owned five Simons. The first went belly up. I sent it in and paid to up grade. The same thing happened. I did this four times. When number five arrived I didn't open it. I sold it on Ebay.

On the other hand I don't know how many Tascos I have purchased. There is no comparison to me. Tascos are knocked around here for some reason. Could be I am getting all the good Tascos like I got all the bad Burrises. If you gave me a Burris I would trade it off ASAP.
Posted By: statjunk Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
I have three Simmons Aetecs and they are excellent scopes with better glass than any of my Leupolds. Even my newest VX-3L. I've had my Simmons Aetec mounted on a 300WM and it never coughed.

I agree that most Simmons and Tascos are junk but they do have good lines.

I also have a Tasco that currently isn't mounted on anything but It's been on three family members rifles and was once on one of my .308's with zero problems.

Tom
Posted By: ingwe Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
You are living a charmed life...

Ingwe
Posted By: MarkD Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
I have had 2 Tasco's. A 6-24 mounted on a 22-250 and one world class 3-9 mounted on a 30-06. Neither has real good glass, but both worked just fine. Held Zero and had no problems with mechanics.
Not on par with my bushnell elite or my IOR, but still did the job asked of them.
Posted By: Prwlr Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
I'll take the bait. Have had both. 1 Tasco went bad but have had a charmed life with Simmons all have worked well on light recoiling rifles. The best have been the 4.5-14 ATV which have worked well on a variety of rifles up to 270. The Simmons 22 Mag 3-9X32 AO has worked well on my 22 Kimber for 5 years. Used one of the 3-9X40 new Master series on my 6mm for a while no problems.
Posted By: 338rcm Re: Simmons vs Tasco - 07/02/10
Its always best to compare junt to, well junk. quality optics included defeats the purpose of the comparison
© 24hourcampfire