Home
Anybody have, or have tested, a pair of Zeiss Conquest 12x binoculars? Local store has a pair on closeout for $480, and I've been looking for a pair of binos with a bit more reach than my 8x's. I'm particularly interested in their eye relief, and whether they can be used with eyeglasses.
I can't hold anything above 10 power steady enough to get any good out of the extra magnification. That sounds like too good of a price though!
They are a good glass. Harder to hold steady than the 8's but if you have a good rest or a tripod, you will like them.

I had a pair for several years but sold them to pay some vet bills. I now have the Conquest 10 x 56 which are brighter and sharper but also a lot more $. $480 is a very good price.

I don't wear glasses but the Conquests have good locking eye cups that adjust down for use with glasses.
The 12x's will be used with a tripod, an old Gitzo carbon fiber I used to use with my Nikon F3 back in high school. I have a hard enough time holding 8x after a long hike grin

Eye releif for the Conquest 12x is showing on eagle optics website at 14.5 mm. Not ideal for most glasses wearers, but you may be able to get by with them.

I've never looked through the 12x, but I love my 8x30 Conquests.

Good luck in your decision.

Mike.
© 24hourcampfire