Home
Posted By: Gunaddict WEAVER SUPER SLAM SCOPES - 10/21/10
Has anyone tried these scopes. And what do you think of them? How clear is the glass? Do they track good?
Posted By: Mule Deer Re: WEAVER SUPER SLAM SCOPES - 10/21/10
I have been testing a 3-15x Super Slam for several months now. It has very good optics, the adjustments are extremely repeatable and accurate, and overall it's a great scope, especially for the price. In fact it's so reliable that I've started using as a test scope for new rifles.

The only downside is that at 20 ounces it's on the heavy side for a 1"-tubed scope--though that isn't all that heavy these days.
Posted By: kend Re: WEAVER SUPER SLAM SCOPES - 10/21/10
I bought some Intensity Optics scopes made by ATK the same company that makes Weaver. I have read that they are Weaver scopes. The scopes are very clear and have held up even after several days on my ATV. I use them mostly on .22's, but do have one on a 243 that always shoots under 1". They are heavy, but for the money are quite nice. Ken
Posted By: jim62 Re: WEAVER SUPER SLAM SCOPES - 10/21/10
Kend,

The Intensity scopes were all made in the Phillipines.Probably in the Same plant that made the older Simmons 44mag and Aetec scopes as well as some of the Redfeilds when ATK bought all three scope lines from Blount in the early 2000's.

Very good scopes. Weaver is now marketing them with a few changes as the 44/40 line.

As a matter of fact,should you have a problem with an Inensity scope that requires complete replacment, it will be replaced with a comparable model Weaver 44/40. That came straight from the CS dept at Weaver.
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The only downside is that at 20 ounces it's on the heavy side for a 1"-tubed scope--though that isn't all that heavy these days.

I'm confused. smile
Posted By: Gunaddict Re: WEAVER SUPER SLAM SCOPES - 10/22/10
I going to mount a 3X15 Super Slam on a 338 ultamag and shoot it on Saturday.
Posted By: JeremyKS Re: WEAVER SUPER SLAM SCOPES - 10/22/10
I recently purchased the new Weaver Tactical Scope and have been very impressed so far.
Posted By: Hondo64d Re: WEAVER SUPER SLAM SCOPES - 10/22/10
JB,

Very interested in these scopes. Is the reticle wire or etched? Is it bold enough for low light shooting? Are the turrets easily set to a zero indication and suitable for those of us that like to spin knobs?

Thanks,

John
© 24hourcampfire