Posted By: bh46118 The Rifle Scope Store - 04/16/11
Is this a reputable place to buy.

Thanks, Bruce
Posted By: WinModel70 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
www.cameralandny.com Best place to buy.
Posted By: croldfort Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
+1 for Doug at cameralandny.
Posted By: bh46118 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
I have purchased from Doug, and I couldn't agree more. I was interested in Burris scope rings from the The Rifle Scope Store. I don't find anything on the net about them.

Thank You
Bruce

Posted By: rrconductor Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
Have not bought from Doug but plan on doing so very soon.
He is the Man here and evidently customer service is second to none!
Posted By: jdm953 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11

Originally Posted by rrconductor
Have not bought from Doug but plan on doing so very soon.
He is the Man here and evidently customer service is second to none!
Like the old family store.Order on line or make a phone call.
Posted By: rrconductor Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
Do not like Big Box stores, tend to displace the small Mom and Pop stores.
I made my living as a Man. Rep. selling to big box and WalMart, WalMart is the US's worst nightmare,Sam Walton was MADE IN AMERICA, he passes and let's go to China and play on all small CO.'s patents because they can't afford to fight us or not to sell to us.Therefore I like USA CO.'s,the Mom &Pop's that are left.
To have sold to Wal-Mart is to hate them.

(not to hijack the thread or anything)
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
Originally Posted by bh46118

Thanks, Bruce

Bruce:

This looks like a quick attempt to offer up a new site.
I checked it out, I will not be the first to try. There
are many other sellers.

This looks like an advertising promotion.
Posted By: jim62 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
Originally Posted by Farmboy1

Thanks, Bruce

Bruce:

This looks like a quick attempt to offer up a new site.
I checked it out, I will not be the first to try. There
are many other sellers.

This looks like an advertising promotion.

WTF are you trying to say there?

The guy just asked for some feedback on a merchant, Dick Tracy.
Posted By: Farmboy1 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
New poster, pushing a newbie. What do you think?
Posted By: jim62 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
Originally Posted by Farmboy1
New poster, pushing a newbie. What do you think?

I think you need to get a grip on your cynicism, that's what I think..

All I see is a new poster who has asked a few questions.

This is the first post the guy ever made-

Minox BL 10x44 BR

Anyone have any experience with these ? How do they stack up against some of the more elite brands ?

Thanks for your help

Now, by your logic, we would say he was just "pimping" for Minox.. or even Doug(who sells them). But,that would be about as big of a stretch as the accusation you made here.

FWIW, while I have never bought anything from them, I have heard about "theRiflescopestore.com" for a few years now.

Looking at their returns shipping page, their parent company seems to have been in business since 1995. That is probably longer than most online scope retailers and I bet longer than Doug has even been selling rifle scopes himself.

That is NOT meant as a slight against Doug, just trying to put things in perspective. 24HRCF is not exactly the "center of the optics universe", and just because an outfit is not well known to posters here does not mean it is unworthy to do business with.

As it stands, the Rifle scope store are Leupold dealers and their prices with free UPS shipping look plenty cheap.
opticsplanet.com

Posted By: KDK Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
Originally Posted by WinModel70

I have bought from Doug (and Neil) before, three Zeiss scopes and a Minox scope and binos, but if you want Leupold you're pretty much screwed.
I bought some binoculars from Camera Land, I'm interested in Burris rings at The Rifle Scope Store. Just checking to see if the place is reputable . There's nothing more to it than that.

Bruce
Exactly what anyone would do.Ask a question get the answer.Doug goes out of his way to make sure any customer is happy.Thats why so many contact him for what they need.I am just as sure the he would welcome a toe to toe with the competition.If only to let all see how he does business.
Come to think of it.He is toe to toe with the competition and has been for many years.I dont think hes worried.
Posted By: RedCherokee Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
CameralandNY IS a Mom and Pop store and they will do anything to keep you happy. Their business philosophy, plan, and daily actions are truly Golden Rule.

Once, they bought from another store in NY a specialty camera mount adapter that I needed so that the mount adapter could be included in their freight pre-paid shipment of things from their store to me. Ever heard of any other Optics Dealer doing something like that?

I buy everything optical other than Leupold from Doug and Neil.

BTW - they sponsor this Forum...

My experience with CameralandNY has been absolutely perfect. I would definitely check their prices on Burris rings if they listed them on their website. Unless I'm missing something, and that is entirely possible, I don't see them there . The Rifle Scope Store has the best price I found on them, but so far I haven't found anyone who has ordered from them.
Bruce
Posted By: KDK Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/17/11
Originally Posted by RogerCox

I buy everything optical other than Leupold from Doug and Neil.

BTW - they sponsor this Forum...

Pretty much the same here, although I have bought a couple of scopes locally. But Doug pretty much gets my mail-order business.
Posted By: Enrique Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/18/11
The Three best places to buy optics:
Cameraland - Doug and Neil
Euro Optics - Alex Roy
24hourcampfire - Rick Bin

Each serves a purpose. I love cameraland and Really like Euro Optics. Both have outstanding customer service and I usually price compare or look for specifics in each.
Rick Bin I trust when it comes to Leupold.
Never needed to look anywhere else (other than 24hcf classifieds) when it comes to optics. 90% of the time Cameraland gets my business tho.

Kique
Posted By: atm Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/19/11
"My experience with CameralandNY has been absolutely perfect. I would definitely check their prices on Burris rings if they listed them on their website. Unless I'm missing something, and that is entirely possible, I don't see them there . The Rifle Scope Store has the best price I found on them, but so far I haven't found anyone who has ordered from them.
Bruce"

I've been a lurker here on & off for years. This dude asked a simple question & got nothing but hijacked except for one reply from jim62.

bh46118, the answers that you seek are here:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...1g-v2&aql=&oq=theriflescopestore
Posted By: gr8fuldoug Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/19/11
I would definitely check their prices on Burris rings if they listed them on their website. Unless I'm missing something, and that is entirely possible, I don't see them there . The Rifle Scope Store has the best price I found on them, but so far I haven't found anyone who has ordered from them.
Bruce

This is not an item we keep in stock, however, it would be our pleasure to order them for you. We can arrange for Burris to ship it directly to you. Please feel free to call me or Neil to discuss it.

Thanks for all the support, we do appreciate it.
Posted By: bh46118 Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/19/11
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
I would definitely check their prices on Burris rings if they listed them on their website. Unless I'm missing something, and that is entirely possible, I don't see them there . The Rifle Scope Store has the best price I found on them, but so far I haven't found anyone who has ordered from them.
Bruce

This is not an item we keep in stock, however, it would be our pleasure to order them for you. We can arrange for Burris to ship it directly to you. Please feel free to call me or Neil to discuss it.

Thanks for all the support, we do appreciate it.

Thanks Doug, I'll be in touch.

Bruce
Posted By: avagadro Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/21/11
Originally Posted by KDK

I have bought from Doug (and Neil) before, three Zeiss scopes and a Minox scope and binos, but if you want Leupold you're pretty much screwed.

You are aware that Rick Bin (owner here) is a Leupold sales dood. Drop him a PM and either him or Terresa will take care of you.
Posted By: KDK Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 04/23/11
Originally Posted by avagadro
Originally Posted by KDK

You are aware that Rick Bin (owner here) is a Leupold sales dood. Drop him a PM and either him or Terresa will take care of you.

Yeah, totally. Just should have stated "if you want a Leupold from Cameraland you're pretty much screwed". Just too lazy to type it all out, I guess.
Posted By: abbydog Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 03/07/13
I live in CT and The Rifle Scope Store is about 30 minutes from me so I had the advantage of meeting Scott face to face and found he is a knowledgeable, service oriented guy. Just purchased base and rings for my SHR 970 and will be picking them next week since I will be in the area.

Nothwithstanding, Cameraland also has a fine reputation based on the feedback of the folks on this site.
oops!!!!
Posted By: CowboyTim Re: The Rifle Scope Store - 03/08/13
Holy thread resurrection Batman!!!
© 24hourcampfire