Home
Posted By: quickdraw Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 04/25/11
Anyone have suggestions for a young kid friendly set of binoculars? I am starting to take my 3 year old out, and want to make sure she can see things across a field.

Suggestions for something that is easy to adjust, relatively light weight, and not too expensive?

Thanks,
QD
Posted By: North61 Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 04/25/11
Leupold Yosemites...6x30's. She can use them when she grows up too. They even come in pink camo.
The Leupold Yosemite 6x30. Designed for kids from the get-go. Good enough optics they'll have to fight dad for the bino. Less than $100.
+1

Great binocs

get the 6x not 8x

shorten the neck strap

ENJOY!
the yosemites are great as are the 8x32 redfield rebels, the latter is what I am going to buy my 9yr old for his bday
Posted By: rrroae Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 04/25/11
Another for the 6x yosemite. Don't get tempted by the higher mag 8x. They're not in the same league.

On sale at Cabelas right now for $79.88.

http://www.cabelas.com/binoculars-leupold-yosemite-8482-series-binoculars-
My son loves his Pentax Papillio 6.5x21's as they will not only work as a great binocular but since it focus' down to 18" he looks at bugs and such too
Both options mentioned (Yo's that are 6x30, and the Papillo 6.5's) are awesome!

Of the two I'd likey go with the Yo's, they're heavier but are very user friendly. My G-son (and I) totally luv them!!

Dober
Another vote for the 6X Yo's... Both my boys like theirs, so I had to get some Viper 6x32's...
Posted By: SKane Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 04/26/11
Originally Posted by SteveC99
The Leupold Yosemite 6x30.

Yeppers! And they work for 42-year-old kids too. whistle
Posted By: North61 Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 04/26/11
Yup...I was so impressed by my daughter's 6X Yosemites that I bought myself some Viper 6X32 roofs too. Love the 6. Great depth of field...very easy to use.
Posted By: SteveWM Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 04/26/11
Another vote for the 6x Yosemites.
Thanks for all of the replies. Looks like a pair of Leupolds are headed her way.
Yos or Paps, and you're good.
My 3 year old daughter uses 8x30 Stiner safari binos and does pretty well with them. FWIW, but that is just what I had lying around for her, the Yosemites are an great route to go.
Posted By: DJTex Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 04/30/11
Originally Posted by quickdraw
Anyone have suggestions for a young kid friendly set of binoculars? I am starting to take my 3 year old out, and want to make sure she can see things across a field.

Suggestions for something that is easy to adjust, relatively light weight, and not too expensive?

Thanks,
QD

The Yosemites are dandy, as are the Minox 6.5's that Doug sold at such a bargain.

My Dad started my oldest boy with his Zeiss Classics when he was guiding for us, but he'll also feed him ice cream and cookies for lunch if he asks...grin.

[Linked Image]

DJ
Cool pic DJ.....enjoy those times my friend!
Great pic there DJ! Somewhere around here I have a pic my wife took of me and my oldest G-son where we both have our bins up to our face at the same time. That was a kool day.

Treasure your time with those young fellas.

Dober
Posted By: Bruzer Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 05/01/11
Yosemite's 6x.....Bought 3 and they are outstanding for the price.

Robert
Posted By: DJTex Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 05/02/11
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Cool pic DJ.....enjoy those times my friend!

Enjoying every minute!!

Thanks, my friend.

DJ
Posted By: DJTex Re: Young Kid Friendly Bino's? - 05/02/11
Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
Great pic there DJ! Somewhere around here I have a pic my wife took of me and my oldest G-son where we both have our bins up to our face at the same time. That was a kool day.

Treasure your time with those young fellas.

Dober

I hear you, Dober! This was a day to remember!!

[Linked Image]

The girls like the pink Yosemites, and show no signs of outgrowing them.

My daughter could see this buck plenty well enough to have a raging case of buck fever. Good thing he left and came back after she had a chance to calm down. She swapped the Yosemites for her rifle and killed him off my pack at 250+...

Was a good day, indeed.

DJ
© 24hourcampfire