Home
[Linked Image]

Minox Warranty Goes All No Fault

As of today Minox has improved their warranty across the sports optics product line:

The warranty reads as follows:
"By registering your purchase you will gain the full benefits of our MINOX Lifetime Total Coverage Warranty. This extraordinary plan provides protection against manufactures defects, functional failures, or any accidental damages to the covered Product, including breakage, water damage or any accident.
Please make sure, that your MINOX sport optics binocular or spotting scope is registered online at www.minox.com/usa/warranty within 30 days from the date of purchase."

This take a great product line and makes it even better.
Just wanted to pass the word on.
Thanks for the heads-up, Doug. That seems to be a huge step forward for them in their warranty coverage.

I tried the link but it appears their website may be down.
Thats bad a$$. accidental will be awesome. make it transferrable and we're gtg.
i wish i would have registerd my binos when i bought them.
Originally Posted by Armen
Thanks for the heads-up, Doug. That seems to be a huge step forward for them in their warranty coverage.

I tried the link but it appears their website may be down.

I just tried it and it is up and running
Do they have that same warranty in Canada?
No fault warranties are a USA thing due to warranty laws in other countries. My answer is for you to send it to Minox here in the USA if you do indeed ever need warranty work
I have purchased 3 binoculars within the last year. Tried registering them with no avail. Only spotters could have been registered. I assume my binoculars are covered under the old policy?
Originally Posted by pigster
I have purchased 3 binoculars within the last year. Tried registering them with no avail. Only spotters could have been registered. I assume my binoculars are covered under the old policy?

If you ever have a situation we will always back you
Appreciate the offer. Hope I don't have to take you up on that.
So far so good. One of them is being subjected to hard use by my PH buddy, still going strong.
I'd like to try one someday...well see I suppose, how they hold up!
I like their 3x9 quite a bit, it holds zero, has good glass, good eye relief, its only been a year so I cannot say much more.
I just purchased a set of the HG 8x33 bins and attempted to register them as instructed. It appears that the only choices offered on the drop down menu are rifle scopes.

I tried calling Minox USA but of course was 30 minutes late....
Originally Posted by highxj
I just purchased a set of the HG 8x33 bins and attempted to register them as instructed. It appears that the only choices offered on the drop down menu are rifle scopes.

I tried calling Minox USA but of course was 30 minutes late....

When you are able to speak to someone they will get them registered for you.
Bruce
Doug, is the new warranty good for demo's as well?
Thanks
will this new warranty cover the binos that were purchased last year or only new sales?
I was able to register my new 8.5x52 binos with the new no fault warranty here today:

http://www.minox-optik.de/us_no_fault_warranty/sites/index.php
Originally Posted by 221FB
I was able to register my new 8.5x52 binos with the new no fault warranty here today:

http://www.minox-optik.de/us_no_fault_warranty/sites/index.php

Got it WB, thanks! BTW, the 6.5 IF's are not on the drop down menu.
Originally Posted by thewileyone
will this new warranty cover the binos that were purchased last year or only new sales?

In all fairness they just recently upgraded the warranty so i would say it would be from that time of warranty upgrade moving forward.

Doug thanks for the 411, good news.
I just got mine earlier this week, so I would have the benefit of the new warranty, correct?
Reviving an old post with two questions. First, how has the experience been with Minox warranty service? And is the warranty transferable?
Thanks,
Pete
Originally Posted by 40O
Reviving an old post with two questions. First, how has the experience been with Minox warranty service? And is the warranty transferable?
Thanks,
Pete

+1
Does this make the warranty only to the original purchaser and what if any is the warranty if you happen to fail to register it?

I "DO NOT" want to have to register any warranty and if a warranty must be registered VS having a warranty just on the product because I own it, I'll pick the warranty that doesn't need to be registered every time, "no fault" or not.

IMHO having to register any warranty is just a way for a company to get around having to warranty a product. Their bean counters know that many of the products will never get registered and thus will never have to be serviced.
After reading lots of stuff on this forum, and several others, I wouldn't own a Minox Z3 scope if they gave me one.
Couple months ago I won a NIB bino at a banquet, tried to warranty it but had to give purchase date and retailer. Obviously I had no idea... they have no process for gifting ect.

I have a demo and this new bino, neither can be warranted under their policy, to me their no fault spiel is smoke and mirrors.

Kent
Doug re xwe666 you said return it to Minox usa, would they warranty it knowing it was bought for out of country? could they then ship it back to Can. I understand Leupold tells Can. not to send it to US for warranty as they cannot ship it back, service is good here though
Send them to Minox att: Gregg

Doug is away and that is what he advised me to tell you
Gregg is terrific

Let me know if you need anything else
Joel
I scratched the objective lenses on my 8.5x52's with a lense pen. Totally my fault. Minox is replacing them for free after I told them what I did and asked how much I would need to pay. VERY pleased with how I've been treated so far but can't yet comment on the binocs, as they aren't back yet.
Well I live in Canada, northern British Columbia for that matter. I bought my 8.5x43HGs from Doug back in 2007 I believe, and had terrific warranty service from Minox USA last fall (this was a damaged bino, not a manufacturing defect). They exceeded my expectations, and did so in a time crunch mid season to ensure I had good glass for my October sheep hunt.

Two big thumbs up for Minox.

© 24hourcampfire