Home
I just purchased a nice EGW Picatinny base. Now I need some solid 1" rings. Right now I am split between the two. Any advice is much appreciated.
I should state that this will be mounted on a 700 in .270
Leupold

WildidontrustburrisAlaska ��2002-2011
Burris Signature Zee.

Nsaidontlikeleupoldqam
Is this going on a tactical rifle or what?
byouguysarephuckinfunnysa
Oops, I see it is for a 270 so it probably isn't a tactical model. I've got these on my 300wsm and they go on the picatinny base:

[Linked Image]

Burris xtreme tactical rings. They are as solid as anything you can get and work great on the picatinny rail.

Here's another pic, they are pretty beefy rings:
[Linked Image]
PRWs
leupold, signaturs, and warnes are all rings i would put in the "solid" selection.

I run warnes and burris on a few rifles and have shot a few with the prw's. No problems. The warnes definately appear to be the beefiest.

Go with whatever you think will look best on the rig. You have to be happy with it, not us.
Burris signature zee
Originally Posted by jagd
leupold, signaturs, and warnes are all rings i would put in the "solid" selection.

I run warnes and burris on a few rifles and have shot a few with the prw's. No problems. The warnes definately appear to be the beefiest.

Go with whatever you think will look best on the rig. You have to be happy with it, not us.

I agree with you.
I will say form a couple times lapping Warne rings and seeing how much they needed to get a good percentage of contact I no longer use them unless better options aren't available.
I like their steel bases for Weaver type applications.

Burris Zee rings are great but ugly,IMO. I don't like the looks of the long exposed screw but they certainly work well.

PRW's,IME, have had very good tolerances, hold fast, haven't marked up scopes even though the top strap needs a bit of snap to get over the scope tube, and look good.

Weaver type rings , though they work fine, have a loose fit in the slot in Picatinny bases. I always make sure both rings are slid forward against the front of the slot before final tightening.
Originally Posted by FVA
Burris Zee rings are great but ugly,IMO. I don't like the looks of the long exposed screw but they certainly work well.

PRW's,IME, have had very good tolerances, hold fast, haven't marked up scopes even though the top strap needs a bit of snap to get over the scope tube, and look good.

Weaver type rings , though they work fine, have a loose fit in the slot in Picatinny bases. I always make sure both rings are slid forward against the front of the slot before final tightening.

+1. to further prevent the PRW's from marking the scope when snapping the top ring half on, I place a piece of folded printer paper inside the ring half and then snap 'em over. There's enough slack to then remove the paper. I've never marked a scope with the PRW/QRW rings using this technique.
Thanks for the opinions guys, sounds like I can't go wrong with either.
I've got a couple of sets of both the Leupold rings and the Burris Signature Zee rings, and while I like the Leupold rings just fine, I find the Burris Signature Zee's to be much superior. They eliminate the need for lapping, don't leave rings marks, and are very durable. I just can't say enough good about them. They are my favorite rings out there if you are trying to stay under $100.
Originally Posted by nsaqam
Burris Signature Zee.

Nsaidontlikeleupoldqam

That costs ya $1

Wildimseriousaboutthe��andcanenforceitbutisettleforabuckAlaska ��2002-2011

PS...

Is this going on a tactical rifle or what?
byouguysarephuckinfunnysa

You too laugh smile
burris are ok, they use the screw as the cross bar, the leupolds and warnes use a machined piece of metal. I like the machined metal the best. I also like warnes and nightforce ultralights for that matter.
© 24hourcampfire