Home
I just ordered my first Minox scope, a Z5 3-15x42.

I'm really stepping out on a limb here as I've never even looked through a Minox. I don't even know anyone who does. Are they clear, dependable, well-built?

What are your experiences with Minox scopes. I was told they are a sister company of Leica. If so, it should be a pretty good scope.

I was torn between choosing the Minox or a Vortex Viper.

I hope I made the right decision.
i have the same scope and like it alot, tracks good holds zero
great vaule 4 the buck, have had mine a year and a half
love conquests but 4 the money like minox's 2
I have a Z3 3-9x and like it a lot. I'm just a touch leery of a 15x scope with no parallax adjustment, but maybe I'm worried over nothing. I sure wish Minox would offer one with side focus. (I don't really like 50mm objectives, so the 3-15x50 with side focus is out.)
I'm just a touch leery of a 15x scope with no parallax adjustment

+1

The way I'm doing things, if I need 15x then I'm wanting very precise shot placement.
Originally Posted by anie
i have the same scope and like it a lot, tracks good holds zero
great value 4 the buck, have had mine a year and a half
love conquests but 4 the money like Minox's 2

Have you had any issues with your parallax adjustment?

It seems to be the only concern raised so far. I didn't even think of it before I ordered the scope.

Maybe Doug from Cameraland can shed some light on this issue as well.

I have a 3-9 x 40 Minox and I'm waiting on a 3-15 x 42 Minox to be delivered.

I'll have both of them mounted later in the week. I was impressed with Minox, the 3-9, so much I ordered the 3-15 before I mounted the first one. I played around with the scope, in my hand, after the sun went down in the backyard. When comparing it to my Bushnell I learned enough to know that the quality of the glass is a lot better, clearer, and gathers light better.

I've looked online and can't seem to find any bad reviews of Minox. That says something to me.

Biker
I have had my 3-15 Minox about a week after Doug had them for sale. It is a good scope for the money. I wish I would have been able to buy it for the open box special price. Mine is mounted on a Pre-64 264 Win Mag. No issues at all with parallax with my scope. I will say however, the eye box at higher powers is significantly tighter than at lower powers.
© 24hourcampfire