Home
Looking at getting one for my R8 9.3x62 combo. My question here is.
How do these new scopes rate. Quality? eye-box(big full moon effect or like looking through a tunnel)?......??? Thoughts?

My old pet vx11 2-7x33's have always suited me for a rough ready KIS scope. Running a Swaro 3-10x40 ATM but want to go back to Leupy me thinks.
Those 2-7's eye-box & ER is hard to beat. Want a 1-4 or similar....

Anyone running any VXR?
I have a 4-12x one in the. CDS version

Pretty cool

30 mm tube, firedot is all good for dusk
I can't say that i have seen one, but i did have a good look at the specs as i was considering ordering one. On the numbers, i decided it wasn't the scope for me. I also didn't like the look of the reticle design. It isn't a 1x, it is a 1.25x. I think in this market now, you really have to be getting down to a true 1x (especially in sambar country). FOV is 75' at 100 yards, but balanced by good eye relief. It is also a 20mm objective in a 30mm tube - what's going on there?

Personally, i think an Aimpoint and then a simple fixed 4x32 might be a better idea. I could do nearly all my current deer hunting with an aimpoint. Otherwise, i'd be looking at the trijicon and meopta 1-4x24/22s.
I have a 4X12 VXR with the lighted dot and it's CDS as well.

Optics are good, equal to a VX3. Tracks well and the lighted reticle is easily adjustable and user friendly.

I have a 9.3X62 ordered and I am considering putting a VXR in 3x9 on that rifle.

I like the VXR a bunch.

Lefty C
I have the Pig Plex mounted on my 1895 Marlin 45-70. The glass is VX-3 quality. The scope is small, light, clear, and the fire dot option is easy to use. The reticle is unique, and provides many different aiming points for drop compensation with my 45-70. The dot intensity is variable and can be adjusted for different light settings. My Marlin is used for black bear hunting, usually in the timber but often you can get a cross meadow shot. I usually do not like the illuminated scopes, but for what this rifle is used on (black bears in dark timber) black reticles make an aiming point hard to see, without the red dot feature. With this scope I am good from close range to 225 yards, based on the drop of my loads (350 grn. Hornady @2000 FPS.) Overall, I really like the scope and am glad I put in on the Marlin. I don't like the graphics on the side of the scope that say "Pig-Plex" nor do I like the heavy horizontal bars of the reticle saying "Pig-Plex", they both seem to much marketing hype for my taste. In form and function though, it is a very nice scope and I would buy one again.

Good Luck,
Manny
Many thanks for the comments.
© 24hourcampfire